• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE MICRONAUTS #8

30 posts in this topic

Remember when Spidey became Captain Universe...?

:cloud9:

25+ years ago.

Yes, I hated it :(

I think the concept of Captain Universe is a good one. However, it's been used in a :eyeroll: way as far as I'm concerned. Some of the characters that have been given the power have been Spidey, the Hulk :eyeroll: , the Silver Surfer :eyeroll::eyeroll: and the Juggernaut. wtf??

It's one thing to give it to Spidey, he's not that powerful but when you're throwing it out there on some of the heavy hitters in the Marvel Universe, I think the concept has jumped the shark

The Acts of Vengeance storyline (Spidey #326-329, Spect #158-160, Web #59-61) was the very first Spidey story I ever red.

Had no idea what was going on, but it was still fun.

So, so long ago.

Unfortunately, post Shooter Marvel had a lot of this going on.

If MICRONAUTS #8 is the first appearance of CAPTAIN UNIVERSE than would

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT V2 #9 be his Second?

mm

Looks like 2nd in a US comic: Wikia

Please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Star Heroes books just reprints? I think Star Heroes # 1 reprints Micronauts # 8 amongst others.

So , Spotlight # 9 would in fact be his second appearance. Not that it matters in this day and age, Micronauts # 8 is the book to have here.

4bbc0ea4-c913-454e-8415-fad4a6881241_zpsyugxjwr8.jpg

25+ years ago.

I think the concept of Captain Universe is a good one. However, it's been used in a :eyeroll: way as far as I'm concerned. Some of the characters that have been given the power have been Spidey, the Hulk :eyeroll: , the Silver Surfer :eyeroll::eyeroll: and the Juggernaut. wtf??

It's one thing to give it to Spidey, he's not that powerful but when you're throwing it out there on some of the heavy hitters in the Marvel Universe, I think the concept has jumped the shark

The Acts of Vengeance storyline (Spidey #326-329, Spect #158-160, Web #59-61) was the very first Spidey story I ever red.

So, so long ago.

Quit stomping all over my reminiscing.

:sumo:

You get a pass if you love a terrible story if it was your first...

To this day, I can't avoid buying Spect Spid #158. The very first "hot" book I chased after.

25+ years ago.

So, so long ago.

Quit stomping all over my reminiscing.

:sumo:

You get a pass if you love a terrible story if it was your first...

To this day, I can't avoid buying Spect Spid #158. The very first "hot" book I chased after.

:sorry:

This has to be the silliest of all the speculator fueled books currently. I'm going to say it now that there is no way Marvel puts such a character as Captain Universe into a movie. If I'm wrong I will donate all my copies of Micronauts 8 to charitable causes. :blush:

Only good thing about this book heating up is maybe people will want to read the rest of the early micronauts run, which deserves some recognition.

This has to be the silliest of all the speculator fueled books currently. I'm going to say it now that there is no way Marvel puts such a character as Captain Universe into a movie. If I'm wrong I will donate all my copies of Micronauts 8 to charitable causes. :blush:

Only good thing about this book heating up is maybe people will want to read the rest of the early micronauts run, which deserves some recognition.

Suicide Squad is going to feature an anthropomorphic shark and the Deadpool movie is going to have a character named Teenage Negasonic Warhead. Both of those ideas are significantly more preposterous than Captain Universe.

I seem to recall people showing such misgivings about Rocket Raccoon. We know how that turned out.

In checking the CGC Census it appears that there are 107 graded copies of

MICRONAUTS #8 but only 4 of MARVEL SPOTLIGHT Vol 2 #9.

mm