• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - 6/3/16

43 posts in this topic

I wasn't a big fan of the 2014 movie. This one improved in a lot of ways. I enjoyed this one MUCH more.

In doing a little research, it seems that the turtles were hardly in the first one because it was so costly to render them. This meant that they didn't get much screen time. The first one also seemed to lack a clear direction. The movie couldn't decide if it wanted to be a gritty take or a comedic take on the TMNT.

I'm not sure if this one had a bigger budget or just a better foundation from which to build, but the turtles were featured much more heavily and that was a good thing. They also brought the family element to the forefront and left out a lot of the creepy flirty Mikey lines from the first. This one had a more comedic feel overall. And they got rid of the robo-Shredder thing, which was good.

Without spoiling anything, better than the first and entertaining to this TMNT fan. If you ever enjoyed the original 1987 cartoon or just like the TMNT in general, I'd say give this one a watch.

I wasn't a big fan of the 2014 movie. This one improved in a lot of ways. I enjoyed this one MUCH more.

In doing a little research, it seems that the turtles were hardly in the first one because it was so costly to render them. This meant that they didn't get much screen time. The first one also seemed to lack a clear direction. The movie couldn't decide if it wanted to be a gritty take or a comedic take on the TMNT.

I'm not sure if this one had a bigger budget or just a better foundation from which to build, but the turtles were featured much more heavily and that was a good thing. They also brought the family element to the forefront and left out a lot of the creepy flirty Mikey lines from the first. This one had a more comedic feel overall. And they got rid of the robo-Shredder thing, which was good.

Without spoiling anything, better than the first and entertaining to this TMNT fan. If you ever enjoyed the original 1987 cartoon or just like the TMNT in general, I'd say give this one a watch.

Taking the kids, they love the turtles. :headbang:

I can agree with everything you said here. I thoroughly enjoyed it an felt it was much better than the first one (thumbs u