• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumbest Comic Ever?

53 posts in this topic

I've read a lot of comics (from the major publishers - B&W indies shouldn't count) and the dumbest book(s) I've ever seen is/are:

Secret Wars 2

If you read that entire mini-series, your IQ will drop.

I've read a lot of comics (from the major publishers - B&W indies shouldn't count) and the dumbest book(s) I've ever seen is/are:

Secret Wars 2

^^ and Al Milgrom's art work certainly didn't bring anything to the table on that mini series.

That's right.... MARVEL did this.

brcover.jpg

Hard to believe that Dan Barry drew this . He was an excellent artist. Deserved better.

I'm glad you guys said that I always thought Secret Wars was dumb dumb dumb

I know people like Invincible but I find that comic painfully insipid. That goofy dad with the goofy mustache and the goofy grin and the goofy sitcom level stories-UGH.

Secret Wars 2

Oh Shit I agree with you.

The sequence with Parker teaching Beyonder how to use toilet is all kinds of ughhh

I will never understand why they felt the need to put the TV series Man from Atlantis into comic book form. I bought #2 it back then and still have it but still hate it.

almost as dumb?

this ebay listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Man-From-Atlantis-2-CGC-9-8-1977-Bermuda-Triangle-/370129860570?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item562d7577da

I will never understand why they felt the need to put the TV series Man from Atlantis into comic book form...

And it had Frank Robbins artwork, as well. Marvel was having a laugh with that one.

I only tried to read one issue way back when, but I couldn't quite get into The Adventures of Kool-Aid Man.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADVENTURES-OF-KOOL-AID-MAN-1989-ARCHIE-6-VG-COMICS-BO-/361239994573?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item541b94e0cd

I've never read them, but many people say that the original six issues of The Incredible Hulk are practically unreadable.