• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holy smokes! asm #262 in 9.9...gone!

44 posts in this topic

looks like its working for him. You mean LATE 80s and 1990s stuff correct? I wouldnt be so quick as to count out the early 80s as a decent time period in comic history. After that well...... tongue.gif

He's at Harvard, not sure if he's a professor though either student or professor. Anyways, this is one of those books where just about every person you see with it, has it in really high grade. Pretty bad buy price IMO. But it does look like a solidly graded 9.9

Brian

then they probably have long boxes filled with late 80s and beyond in 9.8-10.0 condition......scary....I wouldnt buy those books at those prices even if they were graded an 11.0! crazy.gif

His E-bay ID says it all...spider9698. He only buys Spider-man in CGC 9.6 or better. When CGC finally does registry sets like NGC does for coins, you can bet that this guy will have a complete run of ASM in 9.6 or better on the boards.

He seems to have a surplus of 9.8s and 9.9s in everything but the friggin early Joes im looking for! Doesnt anyone have these issues? My struggle continues.... frown.gif

Does it scare anyone else to have a 9.9 or a 10.0 of a book? I feel like books in that HG (1) are just because the grader felt like giving it such (2) can be damaged very easily . . .

I can see a difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8 SOME of the time, but a 9.8 and a 9.9 NONE of the time . . .

Plus, if that 9.9 ever gets damaged even down to 9.8 range, that $250 book probably isn't worth $40 . . . .

DAM