• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holy smokes! asm #262 in 9.9...gone!

44 posts in this topic

>>I still dont think there will be an awful lot of 1-30 and 150-155 in 9.8s.

I'd disagree on the 1-30, but I might go with you on the later issues. By that point in time, the series and its speculation had died out and these 150's are really tough to find in grade.

Ive been actively collecting Joes for 20 years now and I know for certain there are not many 9.8 worthy copies of the first 30 Joes around. Even though they didnt print as many of the high numbers I have seen many copies of 150-155 that will grade out at 9.6-9.8 in the hands of Joe collectors that cant find many of the early issues in that same grade. Time will tell though.

I know FLCales very well, and can tell you that everything he is currently offering is part of an incredible original owner collection.

The guy must have been one of the most anal-retentive people on earth. Almost everything coming back from this collection is at least a 9.8.

I'm pretty sure there were Joes in the collection (the guy bought almost everything that came out). But it is taking the dealer awhile to sort through everything and take the piles in for submission - just be patient.