• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death Sentence London #1

13 posts in this topic

Thought I'd place some accurate info up here, because I know a few people did well from the original Death Sentence series in 2013.

In a nutshell: the 2013 six issue series sold well enough to support an ongoing series from Titan, called Death Sentence London. Issue 1 is out June 10th 2015, which means shops are placing their orders this month..

There's going to be four covers to issue 1: A, B, C, D.

Allcoverssm.jpg

A: Regular cover by Montynero

B: Variant cover by Simmonds

C: Variant cover by Montynero

D: Variant cover by Dowling

Note: Previews are listing Cover A as by Simmonds (the artist on the book) rather than Montynero (the writer). They did that last time too. Guess a writer that can paint just blows their minds ;).

Last time issue 1 sold out in days, and some of the variants sold for crazy prices. Since then I've done some work on Hulk, X-men, and for Vertigo - and Death Sentence was called "a masterwork" by Popmatters and "The best British comic in years" by Buzzfeed - so I'm hoping demand will be higher this time around.

The advance reviews for Death Sentence London have been great again too: Reviews

Cheers

Monty

unnamed-3%2Bbig.jpg

Thanks, Bill.

Just asking for Cover A, B, C and D is usually fine - but just in case here are the Previews catalogue codes the shop uses to order each cover.

COVER A - MONTYNERO​

ORDER CODE: APR151708

COVER B - MARTIN SIMMONDS

ORDER CODE: APR151709

COVER C - MONTYNERO

ORDER CODE: APR151710

COVER D - MIKE DOWLING

ORDER CODE: APR151711

There will be less copies of cover C and D printed too.

My LCS is usually good about trying out some of the smaller publisher's new stuff, but I just cut and pasted the above info and had him order me a set to be sure I got all four covers!

Thought I'd place some accurate info up here, because I know a few people did well from the original Death Sentence series in 2013.

In a nutshell: the 2013 six issue series sold well enough to support an ongoing series from Titan, called Death Sentence London. Issue 1 is out June 10th 2015, which means shops are placing their orders this month..

This is awesome news. I read and enjoyed the mini and will definitely be picking up the series. Any chance you might come to New York Comic Con (or NY Special Edition in June) to promote?

Thanks, Bill.

Just asking for Cover A, B, C and D is usually fine - but just in case here are the Previews catalogue codes the shop uses to order each cover.

COVER A - MONTYNERO​

ORDER CODE: APR151708

COVER B - MARTIN SIMMONDS

ORDER CODE: APR151709

COVER C - MONTYNERO

ORDER CODE: APR151710

COVER D - MIKE DOWLING

ORDER CODE: APR151711

There will be less copies of cover C and D printed too.

Are C & D incentive covers (i.e. is that why there will be less)?

Yeah, I think 'retailer incentive' is the phrase they used. I think the shop gets a cover C for every 10 they order, and a cover D for every 25. I don't really know too much about that side of it.

I do know last time the variant covers were shop specific. So if you lived in the UK it was really hard or expensive to get a specific cover you wanted from the USA, and vice versa. This time in theory any shop can get any cover through Diamond. Is that better? What do you guys think.

Me, I just like painting them. Cover C is the one I'd get.

This is awesome news. I read and enjoyed the mini and will definitely be picking up the series. Any chance you might come to New York Comic Con (or NY Special Edition in June) to promote?

Thanks, dude. Really appreciate your support. I replied to this at the time but it somehow got deleted. The short answer is I'm not coming to New York this year, but probably next. I'm going to a few other continents instead though, like Australia, or at least that's the plan.