• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value of Captain America 100?????

57 posts in this topic

Relax, I'm happy about the end of the Vault Auctions. Won 3 of the 4 books that I wanted and was able to punish the other bidder on the other book! wink.gif

I won the following books (Prices before 10% juice)

1) DC 100 Page Super Spectacular DC-4 CGC 9.2 - $224 - NM guide is $200. I stole this book!

2) G.I. Combat 141 (Oakland) NM- unslabbed - $40 - NM guide is $22.

3) Unexpected 162 - NM+ unslabbed - $54.40 - NM guide is $35

I hear that their raw grading is very tight and their scans didn't show anything out of the ordinary so I'm happy! smile.gif

P.S. The most retarded price was a CGC 9.8 Spidey 136 for $2040 before the juice! shocked.gif

Have you won from them before?

I just won a book, so what's next?

BTW, you did steal that 100 pager. I was deciding on whether or not to bid.

Also, can you change passwords? I forgot my Captains password, and I had to register a new ID at the last minute. confused.gif

I haven't won from them but it says that they will send you an online invoice within 3 days through your My Bids button. Yes, you could have changed your password if you wanted to.

Regarding the 100 page giant, drbanner sold one of the 9.4s for $750 so I feel that what I paid is a steal. Sullypython has the other 9.4 so it is unlikely that I would be able to get one of those 2 so a 9.2 will do. Hell, I paid up to $200 for raw copies that weren't as nice.

So...which book did you win? blush.gif

Fear #24 CGC 9.8 for $160 before the juice.

I was going to go for more books, but I wanted to wait until I tried their whole system out first.

I'm glad I didn't bid on the 100 pager. I would have ended up jacking up the price for you, and I don't care about the book nearly as much as you probably do. I'd bet your bid was higher, and all I would have acomplished was making you pay more, so I'm glad I didn't bid. Congrats. smile.gif

The systems seems OK! Only a few of the books that I was bidding on was involved in the 4 minute extension. So....is that a good price for the Fear? blush.gif

Thanks for not bidding. Just say that I bid twice as much as the winning bid so I was expecting more action on it. Perhaps people are waiting to bid on the kick [!@#%^&^] Silver DCs in the Heritage Auctions. Now, those are great DCs! I might go for one of their Bronze DC but we'll see how high it goes after the infamous bump! wink.gif

I'm not sure, but the census reads like this:

9.8(1) 9.6(1) 9.4(0) 9.2(1)

and it's a 9.8, so you can't go wrong. Besides, that bid was the reserve, so I guess I got the minimum possible on the auction.

Also, some wallets were probably drained from the recent All-star auctions. When you put All-Star, Heritage, The Vault, and regular Ebay traffic together, it's obvious Vault is going to take the bigger hit.

Yeah, the Vault is the small fish in the big pond. I really don't know if the prices obtained for the Silver Marvels were high or not! Saw that a CGG VF+ 8.5 Avengers 1 went for almost $3500. Does that seem high? confused.gif