• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For which Book are you Master of Your Domain

186 posts in this topic

I hope to someday own multiple copies of Batman 189. Scarecrow is my favorite Bat-Villain. All I have right now is a copy recently graded 5.0. I've had it in my collection since I was 14 (over 12 years). I'd really like to find a high graded copy. Both slabbed and raw.

Anybody have any suggestions on websites where I could find HG copies?

I have as good a sense of the AF#15 market as most Spidey collectors, but I know several people (Doug Schmell and Vincent Zurzolo for example) who know a lot more about the overall AF#15 market than I do.

If there is one book that I think I know better than most (at least as to the high end of the market), it is FF#22. This is the issue featuring the first time Sue Storm got her new force field powers. No longer was she the lame-o Invisible Girl. The book has fan letters from Roy Thomas and Dave Cockrum. As far as what I know about the book, I know that the single top census 9.6 copy has off-white pages. The six 9.4s have: 2 with white pages (both of which I own), 2 with off-white to white pages (Doug Schmell's PC copy and Ghost Town's non-pedigree copy), and 2 with off white pages (no idea whose or where they are -- so if one of you knows and then reads this, you now know more than I do about FF#22 yay.gif).

I also know Amazing Spidey #86 and Tales of Suspense #52 as well as almost everyone except maybe Doug Schmell, who is the silver age god as far as I'm concerned. hail.gif I actually feel a little silly proclaiming any kind of special knowledge about any silver age Marvel book while he is still alive. (So die, damn you Doug, and leave me your FF and Spidey runs!!! cloud9.gif) stooges.gif

I finally looked up Vancouver on a map. Then I looked up things to see in Vancouver......

1. The world's first steam-powered clock at the corner of Water and Cambie.

2. The famous Capilano Suspension Bridge.

3. Science World is more than just a Vancouver attraction, it is a Vancouver landmark. It is an education experience for the whole family.

Now I understand why you have 23,000+ posts here. sleeping.gif

I think 8.0 is doable. Maybe 8.5, but the creases along the right edge are a little long for VF+. Maybe though! Nice book. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif Thanks. The back is equivalent....too tired to scan it right now. Your copies sound pretty awesome. Post them sometime.

1. The world's first steam-powered clock at the corner of Water and Cambie.
Overrated - Only the tourists seem to give a rat's arse about it! tongue.gif

Oh, and there's the pro hockey team.....

no, wait......

there isn't. gossip.gif

Well...you have the Jets! insane.gif And no, I don't care about the lockout so confused-smiley-013.gif

J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JE .........uh, wait. Is the season over or something?
Yup...I await the draft where the "fans" will boo their overrated draft pick! poke2.gif

J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JE .........uh, wait. Is the season over or something?
Yup...I await the draft where the "fans" will boo their overrated draft pick! poke2.gif

Hey, you forgot.....THE PRO BOWL!!!!!!! sleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gif