• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It is time to step up?

38 posts in this topic

I wanted to see what you guys thought about Heritage's early cgc Batman books that are on ebay right now.

Here's a link to "Batman cgc" on ebay

I would prefer not to make that large of an investment in Batman books right now, but is there anything here that is a "once in a lifetime" opportunity?

Thoughts?

thanks,

DAM

My feeling is that with eBay - everything is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity the first time you see something rare, and this phenomenon goes on for several months as you see your first copy of every key issue go up. Eventually, essentially all issues come up again at some point. So my quick feeling is, no.

Batman books are relatively plentiful on the open market - I'd stay away from the Heritage stuff for mid-grade books, as you're going to be paying a significant premium for having them. For example, I can get you a Batman 3 for about $800 in better grade than that one - it won't be slabbed, but will be in better shape, and you won't have to pay $160 in "vigorish" to Heritage.

Andrew, I actually have 4 in 9.8 already (don't ask) with 2 from tropiccomics.com. And sadly, I wouldn't be adverse to owning another one if the price were right ($25 delivered). 5 and then I am going to stop. Really.

I am boycotting Tropic Comics now as they are guilty of asking for $1,000 for BIN auctions for ASM 355. Yes, ASM 355. Someone actually started a thread about it a while back

FD - thanks for the tip. I am not all about buying a label, but I like the restoration check and the confidence in its condition.

DAM

If I were a big Batman collector, I would look closely at these:

Lot 5292: Batman #103 (DC, 1956) CGC NM 9.4 W $330.00

Lot 5293: Batman #122 (DC 1959) CGC NM 9.4 Cr $480.00

I'm not sure if the price is good or not, but you really won't be able to beat those grades ever (probably).

If I were a big Batman collector, I would look closely at these:

Yeah, I love the 100-143 (10 centers) Batmans. Unfortunately, I can't afford 9.4's right now. I'd like to find some in F, around $100 each though. (Well, maybe not #100 in F for $100.)

If you can come up with the cash I would go for them all ...if you could get a discount on them (if they are from the same seller). If not go for the 9.4 cosmicbob is talking about!