• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Guangzhou (China) -- May 30-June 1, 2015

28 posts in this topic

This show is the reason they cancelled Greenville

Maybe, but the two day schedule for Greenville was a bad idea. Austin should be cancelled and rethought as well, otherwise it will be as bad a flop as last year, if not worse.

its a huge city, with a huge potential market of people who are curious for any western pop culture stuff.

they will tear it up.

oh and they LOVED prison break in China. Dominic Purcell is going to clean up.

its a huge city, with a huge potential market of people who are curious for any western pop culture stuff.

they will tear it up.

oh and they LOVED prison break in China. Dominic Purcell is going to clean up.

I had that thought as well. Since the US market has to be damn near saturated for large shows, breaking into the international market would seem to make a lot of sense. Particularly in a country with over a billion people, many of whom have seen increases in disposable income.

I think American toys and graphic novels would do very well. The problem is shipping the stuff.

If money weren't an object, I'd have Diamond drop ship a few thousand trade paperbacks, and you'd probably clean up.

Hmm, drop ship a skid of Kato, Green Hornet graphic novels, Master of Kung Fu, Iron Fist hot comics, Deadly Hands of Kung Fu mags, posters, Psyloche in X-men, Hulk 181 to Guangzhou. I can help Harley translate so he can upsell the locals on New Mutants 98. How much does :blahblah: 400 yuan or RMB convert to?

Maybe, but the two day schedule for Greenville was a bad idea. Austin should be cancelled and rethought as well, otherwise it will be as bad a flop as last year, if not worse.

I agree it was a bad idea...but through the grapevine I've heard that Wizard thought they could pull off two shows, with a skeleton crew in SC.

Once they realized the resources that needed to be devoted to China, the decision was an easy one.

Besides, 8 million trumps 150k all day

I agree it was a bad idea...but through the grapevine I've heard that Wizard thought they could pull off two shows, with a skeleton crew in SC.

Once they realized the resources that needed to be devoted to China, the decision was an easy one.

Besides, 8 million trumps 150k all day

True, but if this were the case then why wait so long to announce the show in China? Of course, they may have been promoting this like crazy over there for weeks or months already, but judging from their rather sparse guest list it feels like it has been thrown together more recently.

Do you think there will be any non-Chinese dealers?

Does Harley count?

Hopefully there isn't one of their walking dead variants over there.

I already pre-ordered the Walking Dead: Beijing pollution variant Harley sig series in Cgc 9.8. greggy can help Harley translate, "No discount for you" in Guangdong-wah. doh!

did any one go to this or hear anything about it?