• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you value one of a kind items?

28 posts in this topic

So I have a Savage she-hulk #1 9.6 with three covers and I've been getting tons of PMs about the book asking if I would sell it, or just to let them know if I was going to auction it off, etc. It's not a book that I would consider selling for the 9.8 gpa price that I have been getting offered, but I would consider selling it for the right offer. Has anyone been in a similar situation with a one of a kind item that seems to have a ton of interest, but with no real stand out offers.

I've been thinking of putting it on ebay with a huge BIN or Best Offer and see what kind of prices I get from there. The thing is, I'm not really in a rush to sell it, I love having it in my collection, but with my first son 2 months away I definitely would sell it for the right price.

thoughts?

Do the eBay thing. List it with a "No Regrets" BIN. If that's triple 9.8 GPA so be it.

If the price is too high people won't buy it and you haven't really lost anything. If somebody does, good for them and you.

Auction it. You could do it on eBay or send it to an auction house. Triple covers are kool but not really one of a kind. I have at least a dozen of them, along with over a hundred double covers.

Can you not use that, that's my thing. I'm trying to build a rep.

Cheers.

Do the eBay thing. List it with a "No Regrets" BIN. If that's triple 9.8 GPA so be it.

If the price is too high people won't buy it and you haven't really lost anything. If somebody does, good for them and you.

That's what I'm leaning towards

That's what I'm leaning towards

If you want to find FMV put it in a well publicized auction. If you sell it based on individual offers you might leave money behind.

Hello,

I have the opposite view from my recent auction experience of one of a kind items.

I had much better offers that I left on the table when I thought I could get more at auction.

Thanks,

Jim

K0HW

hm can you pm the details?

So I have a Savage she-hulk #1 9.6 with three covers and I've been getting tons of PMs about the book asking if I would sell it, or just to let them know if I was going to auction it off, etc. It's not a book that I would consider selling for the 9.8 gpa price that I have been getting offered, but I would consider selling it for the right offer. Has anyone been in a similar situation with a one of a kind item that seems to have a ton of interest, but with no real stand out offers.

I've been thinking of putting it on ebay with a huge BIN or Best Offer and see what kind of prices I get from there. The thing is, I'm not really in a rush to sell it, I love having it in my collection, but with my first son 2 months away I definitely would sell it for the right price.

thoughts?

If you want to sell it, send it to Comic Link or Heritage or something and see what the market says.

Your post, BTW, is from someone who doesn't want to sell a book. "The right price" is what the market says it is.

Auction it. You could do it on eBay or send it to an auction house. Triple covers are kool but not really one of a kind. I have at least a dozen of them, along with over a hundred double covers.

Can you not use that, that's my thing. I'm trying to build a rep.

Cheers.

k8z34.jpg

k8yzy.jpg

thoughts?

If you want to sell it, send it to Comic Link or Heritage or something and see what the market says.

Your post, BTW, is from someone who doesn't want to sell a book. "The right price" is what the market says it is.

You're right I don't want to sell, but it's hard to ignore the demand with the amount of PMs I'm receiving. Basically I would only really consider a crazy offer, I'm just looking for others that may have expierenced the same thing.

thoughts?

You're right I don't want to sell, but it's hard to ignore the demand with the amount of PMs I'm receiving. Basically I would only really consider a crazy offer, I'm just looking for others that may have expierenced the same thing.

Unless the PMs come with $$$'s attached I wouldn't let it sway you too much. Everyone wants something cool or unusual for nothing. Multi-cover books are neat, but they are a novelty. The market for them, at a serious premium is far smaller than the regular comic buying crowd. Thus, if you auction it, you have to have the right audience and the right timing, and hope all the right buyers see it, want it, and compete for it.

Figure out what a "no regrets" price is and the first person who offers it to you, take it, and don't look back.

It's happened to me a few times with art Ive had on my CAF (listed as NFS).

Get an email with someone expressing an interest to buy the page. I don't really want to sell it. I throw out a crazy "no regrets" number and they've taken it or passed.

9.8 Hi for the year (so far) is $300.

BIN yours at $900.

And if he gets $600-700 he should grab it as fast as he can and giggle all the way to the paypal withdrawal link.