• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silicon Valley Comic Con March 18-20 2016

41 posts in this topic

I hope I'm not the only one a little bit disappointed with this over-hyped con.

I'm getting there on Friday and coming back on Sunday, but wish I was attending C2E2 instead.

Only reason why I still care about going is because I have the MJF Gold pass.

I hope I'm not the only one a little bit disappointed with this over-hyped con.

I'm getting there on Friday and coming back on Sunday, but wish I was attending C2E2 instead.

Only reason why I still care about going is because I have the MJF Gold pass.

from a comics perspective, not terribly appealing, but there might be some interesting science stuff, which it looks like they're going for. Pretty tasty for some Back to the Future and Firefly fans though...

I don't about flying in for this though, but MJF is a serious draw....

Carrie Fisher AND Karen Gillen have canceled. Those are fairly serious cancellations

and ZERO exclusives. AND the same weekend as C2E2.

In case any body going to the Silicon Con, looking for quality GA and SA,

BunkyBrothers will be there! Booth 1313

Here is a current list of our "A Line" goodies going to the show,

Drop me a PM if you see something you like, I will pull aside for you,

Also, we have other books, in the vault, so let me know what you collect and looking for, I might be able to locate, or bring other TOP TEN BOOKS, for you,

Thank You, Brian

BUNKY CONVENTION STOCK

Bill Sienkiewicz has cancelled as he can't make the con after all, unsure if its up on the site yet.

i'm nott gonna lie, thats a kick in thhe dice. onn the upside, peter mayhew added!

In case any body going to the Silicon Con, looking for quality GA and SA,

BunkyBrothers will be there! Booth 1313

Here is a current list of our "A Line" goodies going to the show,

Drop me a PM if you see something you like, I will pull aside for you,

Also, we have other books, in the vault, so let me know what you collect and looking for, I might be able to locate, or bring other TOP TEN BOOKS, for you,

Thank You, Brian

BUNKY CONVENTION STOCK

Nice, my friends and I will swing by and check out your booth. You sold me that nice AF15 2 years ago :).

I have no idea why I'm giving them my money to see like 5-6 comic dealers, I basically wanted to see Sienkiewicz so now I'm betting Im there for 2 hours max. :tonofbricks:

Ah the days of Wonder Con seem like such a loooong time ago. :preach:

I have no idea why I'm giving them my money to see like 5-6 comic dealers, I basically wanted to see Sienkiewicz so now I'm betting Im there for 2 hours max. :tonofbricks:

Ah the days of Wonder Con seem like such a loooong time ago. :preach:

even big wow was way better than this...

We're in booth 1424, across from Bob Layton and the comics artists alley. Back, right.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Hey it was cool to see you and chat, wish the show had started a bit earlier. Hope you guys have a great weekend at the show. (thumbs u

What a letdown. For all his geekiness, you'd think Woz would know better than to schedule SVCC on the same weekend as C2E2. I did get to see Ryan Sook and get a kickass sketch from him, inked by Mick Gray nearby, but that's about it. I am actually dreading having to go back and brave the parking tomorrow just for a handful of panels ...

The parking was super easy as long as you were there by nine am.

Really fun time today. I think it's better to think of this as a bonus show rather than a Big Wow replacement. We are supposed to have Big Wow as well next year. The pr for this show has been masterful and they sold all 30,000 tickets today.

Most disorganized Con I've been to since DCC 2013.

Getting MJF's autograph was nice tho. Bought some vintage toys, but the Con was a mess in the photo op/celeb row area.

Little food options inside...the concessions area at SWC Anaheim was priceless compared to the 1 concession area they had here (not counting the two that were on the lobby).

It was very disorganized. The staff and volunteers were all nice enough but nobody really knew what was going on. Panel and signing times were constantly changed and different from what was posted on site or online.

Aside from that, there just wasn't a lot going on. Not a lot of comic guests either. I could have sworn that they said there was going to be something like a Big Wow Comics Pavilion but to me the comic creators was what was lacking most.

Anyway that new San Francisco Comic Con is coming in September and their guest list already looks amazing!

I'm glad I attended and got stans sig on my st 110. It was a good atmosphere getting to meet a lot of board members at the con and seeing a lot of the cool stuff the show had set up. MJFs line was crazy as was Stans. Overall great time and I will be attending next year again.