• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who will take all the Box Office Cash for 2015???

70 posts in this topic

There's quite a bit of competition out there this year. I don't think Avengers will just walk away with it.

The summer blockbusters

May 1 - Avengers: Age of Ultron

May 15 - Mad Max: Fury Road

May 22 - Tomorrowland

June 12 - Jurassic World

July 1 - Terminator: Genisys

July 17 - Ant-man

July 31 - Mission Impossible

August 7 - The Fantastic Four

Holiday Releases

November 6 - Spectre

November 20 - Hunger Games

December 18 - Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Let's not forget the Pacquio Vs. Mayweather Fight at 99.95 the opening weekend of this film suppose to be the biggest fight in over 25 years and expecting record numbers. The extreme cost, 6 year build up to this fight, and inside my classroom with 150 students I have all they could speak about all week was arguing over who is going to win the fight and I had no mention of Avengers 2.

As far as who wins to me its Avengers 2 at this point. Star Wars has legions of fans, but its been a long time since the last film came out. The younger generation may not be as familiar with Star Wars as they are with comic characters. 5 years ago I would get Star Wars jokes because of my last name from students today I don't get those jokes from my students.

The other question to ask is will either film hit the billion mark or not. I believe Transformers 4 was the only film to do that last year and the number of people going to the theaters to see a film is down. Lets face it with the right setup your at home experience blows away the quality you see in theaters.

for Avengers, that isn't a question in the remotest sense. will it hit $1.7BB? is a question. it'll be at $1BB by the end of next weekend.

I was pointing out that when 1 company puts out multiple top-movie-of-the-years, it doesn't matter which individual one wins because it's the combined dollars that matter. Cap 2, GotG, Big Hero 6 & Maleficent combined certainly beat Paramount with Transformers, TMNT & Interstellar. Those are the respective "in the top 25 of 2014" movies from each company.

On the domestic level: Paramount did 624 Million while Disney did 1.06 Billion. Win Disney.

Internationally, Paramount hit 2.25 Billion. Disney hit 2.9 Billion. So Disney wins again.

I don't have the patience to track down all of their respective #26 thru whatever movie only made $15 this year like Storage 24 did a year or 3 back to add those dollars up too.

There's quite a bit of competition out there this year. I don't think Avengers will just walk away with it.

The summer blockbusters

May 22 - Tomorrowland

June 12 - Jurassic World

July 17 - Ant-man

Holiday Releases

November 6 - Spectre

Let's not forget the Pacquio Vs. Mayweather Fight at 99.95 the opening weekend of this film suppose to be the biggest fight in over 25 years and expecting record numbers. The extreme cost, 6 year build up to this fight, and inside my classroom with 150 students I have all they could speak about all week was arguing over who is going to win the fight and I had no mention of Avengers 2.

I wouldn`t really factor the Pacquio Vs. Mayweather Fight into if the Avengers cleans up at the box office.

1. The fight started real late after twelve midnight here on the East coast.

2. How many of those students actually went out of their way to pay the $99.99 as compared to them paying the under 10 dollars to go see Avengers?

3. Pacquio Vs. Mayweather Fight is over. It was a one and done deal, while Avengers is just getting started. The Avengers will continue to break record after record over the next few weeks, while the Pacquio Vs. Mayweather Fight is now history.

So in conclusion

Pacquio Vs. Mayweather Fight had little or no affect on if The Avengers: Age of Ultron`s performance at the box office .

The summer blockbusters

May 22 - Tomorrowland

June 12 - Jurassic World

July 17 - Ant-man

Holiday Releases

November 6 - Spectre

I wouldn`t really factor the Pacquio Vs. Mayweather Fight into if the Avengers cleans up at the box office.

1. The fight started real late after twelve midnight here on the East coast.

2. How many of those students actually went out of their way to pay the $99.99 as compared to them paying the under 10 dollars to go see Avengers?

3. Pacquio Vs. Mayweather Fight is over. It was a one and done deal, while Avengers is just getting started. The Avengers will continue to break record after record over the next few weeks, while the Pacquio Vs. Mayweather Fight is now history.

So in conclusion

Pacquio Vs. Mayweather Fight had little or no affect on if The Avengers: Age of Ultron`s performance at the box office .

guess they've got to blame something:

‘Ultron’s Saturday Gets Tapped On The Chin By Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight – Update

The masses are spending their excess income elsewhere tonight, specifically $90-$100 per subscription to watch the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, which is already on course to net $400M in PPV revenue. Many across the U.S. are watching the boxing match at parties. What this means for Avengers: Age of Ultron is a lower than expected Saturday of $59M per industry estimates, a 30% decline from yesterday’s $84.46M. The first Avengers saw a Saturday dip of 14%

There are other movies but there really are only 2 movies that will fight it out...

Avengers 2 vs Star Wars 7!

Who will win???

The way it`s going Avengers 2 might end up being in fourth or fifth place.

So far

Jurassic World(most likely)

Fast and Furious 7 have beaten it.

The questions are will Star Wars 7 be number one

and if that happens there is a good chance Avengers 2 could fall to 4 or 5th place.

I`m also not counting out the new James Bond flick.

James Bond beat the last Nolan Batman movie at the box office, and I expect a huge international crowd for Bond.

So Avengers 2 could slip all the way down to 5.

This is very shocking to me as I pegged Avengers 2 to be the top winner for 2015.

What hurt it was the domestic crowd didn`t go out and see it like the first Avengers movie.

I am curious to see how that Minions movie does. My kids are looking forward to it (but not to Ant-Man). It could end up being a sleeper hit of the summer. I am not suggesting it comes close to $1B, but it looks like it will be a fun family flick that should do well at the box office.

Also, is it this weekend or the next one where Jurassic World tops AoU?

Looks like Jurassic World will win the crown, though I wouldn't count Star Wars out yet. I don't think it(SW) will break opening day records because December releases never open like Summer blockbusters, no matter how popular. But(as long as the movie is good) it will have legs of steel, the way Avatar did a few years ago.

I'm just really surprised at how well JW is doing. I'm happy that it is though, because it was the most entertaining summer movie I've seen so far, and the first truly worthy sequel to JP.

I am curious to see how that Minions movie does. My kids are looking forward to it (but not to Ant-Man). It could end up being a sleeper hit of the summer. I am not suggesting it comes close to $1B, but it looks like it will be a fun family flick that should do well at the box office.

Also, is it this weekend or the next one where Jurassic World tops AoU?

you may want to suggest it. Despicable Me 2 did $970MM w/ >$600MM from Int'l. Minions is opening bigger than DM2 in the handful of int'l markets it's opened in.

Wow. It could top that mark then. Guilty pleasure here - as keen as my kids are to see the movie I am looking forward to it also. I think it will do better than Ant-Man at the box office.......