• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Batman # 1, Warner Bros VIP Tour variant

21 posts in this topic

Hi. Just asking on behalf of someone else, I'm no expert on variants so any help would be appreciated. :)

I cannot find any record of Batman # 1 Warner Bros VIP Tour variant on the CGC census. Neither can I find any mention of it on GPA. I don't know how many there are but surely there must be some copies graded?

Can't find much info on Google either. :P

Also, if it helps, it's limited to 1000 copies. I confirmed this number with the WB tour office directly back in June when they were passing these out after the tour. They ended up handing half of the run away at this past SDCC. People don't realize that it's as rare if not rarer then the Batman 1 sketch variant. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on yet.

Also, if it helps, it's limited to 1000 copies. I confirmed this number with the WB tour office directly back in June when they were passing these out after the tour. They ended up handing half of the run away at this past SDCC. People don't realize that it's as rare if not rarer then the Batman 1 sketch variant. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on yet.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have heard this number tossed around but never verified it. This is a super rare book. I expect soon it will heat up more as I have been watching the available raw quantities dwindle month after month online.

Probably because its a reprint that was three years late to the party. Its also not even noted as being a Batman #1 on the label which doesn't help either.

BATMAN #1 - WARNER BROS. STUDIOS EXHIBIT VARIANT

Reprints Batman (2011) #1. Created for the Warner Bros. Studios VIP Studio Tour of the 75th Anniversary Batman Exhibit. It was also available at the DC Comics booth at Comic Con International: San Diego 2014.

What I don't understand, is why it is marked as #NN (No Number) - Actually it has a number - it is a #1 and Reprint not only for the exhibit. It was also made for the Comic Con in San Diego...

Imho this is a lightley failure of CGC - it should be named as Batman #1 Warner Bros. Studios Exhibit Variant - cover by Ken Lashley --- would be nice to hear an argument, why CGC did it the #NN way...

Limitation = 1000

The black and white cover is limited to 800-1000 - should be 950 or so... I don't know 188:000 divided by 200 = 940... Well, the sketch and the WB variant are both very limited.

Imo, for reasons mentioned before, this one will never come close to the prices that the b&w #1 commands.

It's a nice book yeah, maybe would have more potential if the cover art was by Capullo, if it wasn't a reprint, etc.

Ah and I am sure, this issue will heat up :cool:

Why would it heat up?

CGC has it labeled as "The Batman Exhibit #nn". Not sure where they came up with this as opposed to Batman #1.

CGC often uses the "official name" from the indicia page. I don't know what's on this book's indicia page, but it might be what CGC used.