• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Annual 6 : Annihilus Club

30 posts in this topic

The remnants of a once respectable hoard.

The good one is on the left; I like it about an 8.5. Next is a "green variant" I heard about and HAD to chase down. (Probably just a mutant, tho.) The last 2 are rough.

I included my Giant-Size 6s to make me feel better about myself. I discovered this story in Giant-Size form, and literally read the covers off two copies as a kid.

<a  href=IMG_07071_zpso7mfhzxu.jpg' alt='IMG_0707

Even though money is tight right now (out of work....) I bit the bullet and picked up a couple of real nice copies of FF 109 with Anhihilus' second story and cover appearance. I had kind of forgotten about it and when I saw it listed for sale it just "rang the bell" from the days when I picked it up off the rack. If Anihilus ever takes off, maybe I can sell one and keep one for free (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...there was a decent Anhihlus arc in Ultimate FF a few years ago.... I liked it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Very true, Unca!

I'm surprised that comics like FF annual 1 and Strange Tales annual 2 aren't in higher demand. I also cringe when I hear of "full run" collectors who do NOT include annuals. Why not add them to your want list? They're cheap and they're spectacular reads!

plus they've got twice as many pages and twice as many thrills!

Very true, Unca!

I'm surprised that comics like FF annual 1 and Strange Tales annual 2 aren't in higher demand. I also cringe when I hear of "full run" collectors who do NOT include annuals. Why not add them to your want list? They're cheap and they're spectacular reads!

Absolutely! In addition to the added thrills, for those who actually read the stories, Annuals contributed various story elements and characters that would turn up in the regular series. FF & ASM had the best Annuals, storywise, IMO.

Very true, Unca!

Absolutely! In addition to the added thrills, for those who actually read the stories, Annuals contributed various story elements and characters that would turn up in the regular series. FF & ASM had the best Annuals, storywise, IMO.

...And I've always had a sweet spot for those first few "multi-color logo" annuals- FF 1&2, ASM 1, Strange Tales 2, Marvel Tales 1, even Patsy & Hedy1 and Millie the Model 2,3and 5.

They are so cool!