• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about adding a column?

44 posts in this topic

Why not just block those board members you don't like seeing post?

I'm much happier having members such as Kav on ignore :whee:

I would actually like this to be better implemented lol

lol I love it when kids post the nyah nyah nyah nah nah I'm ignoring you! Like I'm aw shucks-damn...

In regard to the ignore function, I've found it useful for two distinct reasons.

1) I have one person on ignore because I often find his posts to be malicious in intent and while I never feel compelled to respond, the ignore function allows me to avoid his bile.

2) There's one other person where on occasion I find I don't possess the self-discipline to practice restraint, or the maturity not to lash out.

The problem really isn't him, it's me.

If I choose to toggle the display and view his post(s), the ignore function reminds me of my potential to overstep my boundaries while affording me that moment of restraint.

In one case the ignore function shields me from the offense of another person, in the other case it shields another person from me.

In regard to the ignore function, I've found it useful for two distinct reasons.

1) I have one person on ignore because I often find his posts to be malicious in intent and while I never feel compelled to respond, the ignore function allows me to avoid his bile.

2) There's one other person where on occasion I find I don't possess the self-discipline to practice restraint, or the maturity not to lash out.

The problem really isn't him, it's me.

If I choose to toggle the display and view his post(s), the ignore function reminds me of my potential to overstep my boundaries while affording me that moment of restraint.

In one case the ignore function shields me from the offense of another person, in the other case it shields another person from me.

I definitely have both cases as well, UB.

;)

-slym

I'm guessing you folks weren't around for the star wars, where hundreds of shills appeared

each night to rate threads.

The stars come out at night? :D

I come out at night! :hi:

:hi:

P.S. I have probably said this before, but for a porcupine, you're not very prickly.