• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any comics/stories based in your small home town?

63 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

Story has it that owner of Curious book store Ray sold all his comics to Harley Yee about 20 years ago and concentrated on just books and magazines.

He has a few comic books left.  Nothing that hasn't been picked over or refreshed in the last two years, however.

i did find a nice mid-grade Lois Lane #23 there for a decent price last year though.

I guess it really does not blow my mind so much any more but I see alot of places that I am familiar with in Marvel comics.  Still pretty cool though.

I worked in Westchester County and  The Adirondak Mountains. The Hudson River and Annondale are technically walking distance from my home. Staten Island and NYC are all real places that have appeared in the pages of Marvel that I have been to in real life. I think they did a pretty good job of representing the feel of the places as well.

It makes sense because many people from the city like Marvel execs for example would tend to come to the upstate region where I live to sort of get away from it all, so why not give them a mention?