• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DIAL H FOR HERO and STARMAN from Machinima & WB

6 posts in this topic

Machinima And WB Teaming For DIAL H FOR HERO & STARMAN Webseries

Dial H For Hero:

A modern adaptation of DC Comics’ cult-favorite classic “Dial H For Hero”, #4Hero is a live-action, VFX-heavy action-comedy about a young woman named Nellie Tribble who is quietly desperate to make her mark on the world, but wholly unprepared to do so. Nellie stumbles upon a life-altering smartphone app that allows her to instantly become a Super Hero for a short amount of time. The problem is her super powers are dictated by whatever is trending on social media at that moment, and they are always only semi-useful.

Starman:

Machinima, Blue Ribbon Content, and DC Entertainment are setting out to discover the next great creator for the world of DC Comics. Eight contestants compete in elimination challenges to develop a live-action short video based on their own interpretations of characters from DC Comics’ Starman comic book series. Well-known guest judges and celebrity special guests will join bestselling writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns and a panel of esteemed judges to oversee the entire competition.

I was just thinking the other day that Starman would be a better fit for a TV series than a movie. I hope this does well, as Starman is one of my favorite series. I wonder how James Robinson feels about this news.

I like Starman as well. The character could play out very nicely on a weekly TV show.

MACHINIMA Announce Digital TV Series Based ON DIAL H FOR HERO and STARMAN

But I didn't see the third production mentioned in the first article.

The announced second season of Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chonicles at Machinima comes before the first season even debuts in June. Machinima says the second season will be 10 episodes.

“Fandom and gaming engenders so much passion and engagement; it’s a cultural shift uniquely connecting with the most valuable millennials,” said Chad Gutstein, Machinima’s CEO. “It’s this deep connection to our audience that has made Machinima the ninth largest video entertainment platform in the United States, and the second most watched programmer on YouTube. With our new slate, we are reminding our fans and our clients of one very important fact: Machinima is back!”

I'm guessing this will have zero effect on the new 52 Dial H.......would have at least had a shot if they would have kept the name the same.

Edited by krighton

It's sounding like DIAL H FOR HERO has turned into a potential CW TV show post-Crisis.

Four New Arrowverse Shows Rumored To Be In The Works At The CW

All the signs are pointing to “Crisis on Infinite Earths” shaking up the Arrowverse in some major ways. Not only will it feed into the end of Arrow, which concludes with its eighth season this year, but it’s also widely believed that the multiversal event will lead to a soft reboot of the franchise, likely with the many worlds coalescing into one.

A new rumor even goes so far as to claim that four brand new DC shows will arrive on the air in the post-Crisis CW-verse. The Lords of the Long Box have shared a lot of interesting intel recently, including that Titans may crossover with the Arrowverse in “Crisis,” and their latest scoop is that the network has four properties in the works from producer Greg Berlanti.

The four rumored shows center on:

• The Metal Men
  • Dial H for Hero
  • The Question
  • Deadman

Of these titles, the Question is the one that’s been linked to the Arrowverse most often before now. Fans have said that the faceless vigilante would be a good fit for the franchise for years, with Kevin Smith recently putting himself forward to direct a Question TV series.

Dial H for Hero, meanwhile, is a lighter comic in which an ordinary man becomes a superhero thanks to a magical dial.