• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer 44

111 posts in this topic

That is, of course, just opinion until proven, and your added picture isn't proof of anything that happened in the 70's.

That picture is from the 70's (first appearance of all Soul/Infinity gems from the first Thanos War) ya maroon. doh!

You are intellectually lazy, arrogant, and hostile.

Coming from the guy who, even after posting image after image after image, still argues that he's right and Jim Starlin is wrong.

Here's what you need to do - sell all that Marry Wanna you like to puff, use the proceeds to buy the Thanos series from the 70's, read it a few times, and then come back and talk to us.

That you don't see the difference is really the key, here, Divad.

If someone steals a loaf of bread, and I call them a thief, are they being insulted?

Wow, you have some serious issues there buddy, and I'm not joking. You not only act batsheit crazy on here, but your posts are highly delusional and distance yourself from reality on a regular basis.

We're talking funny books here, yet you act like yours is the "Word of God" and us peons insult you simply by disagreeing with your gibberish. Wow!

From this moment on, I am done with you. I won't be replying to anymore of your insane rants, insult-ridden diatribes or drug-induced fantasies so you can find someone else to harass.

In fact, I would love to see a color guide for Warlock in the 70's to see if they identified a color for the soul gem.

They refer to it as an "Emerald Gem" right in the book.

That is, of course, just opinion until proven, and your added picture isn't proof of anything that happened in the 70's.

That picture is from the 70's (first appearance of all Soul/Infinity gems from the first Thanos War) ya maroon. doh!

You already posted that picture, which is why I said "ADDED" picture, which is from New Avengers #3 (2013.)

If you read the rest of the post, you'll see that:

The interesting picture is, of course, the panel from Warlock that you show above, which is, I believe, #15?

You have to read the entire post, JC.

That you don't see the difference is really the key, here, Divad.

If someone steals a loaf of bread, and I call them a thief, are they being insulted?

Wow, you have some serious issues there buddy, and I'm not joking. You not only act batsheit crazy on here, but your posts are highly delusional and distance yourself from reality on a regular basis.

We're talking funny books here, yet you act like yours is the "Word of God" and us peons insult you simply by disagreeing with your gibberish. Wow!

From this moment on, I am done with you. I won't be replying to anymore of your insane rants, insult-ridden diatribes or drug-induced fantasies so you can find someone else to harass.

This is about as Bizarro-world a post as I have ever seen on this board.

Like I said...you are completely incapable of having a normal conversation with anyone who challenges you in any way, making you the exact thing you complain others of being.

It's always everyone else with the problem, not you. Until you realize that you are your worst enemy, nothing is going to change. You haven't changed, and likely won't in this lifetime.

As far as being done with me, I welcome it. We have never had a constructive conversation, so it's really not any type of loss, and if it prevents you from hurling insults because someone doesn't agree with you..."Word of God" indeed...then that's a positive outcome.

You are intellectually lazy, arrogant, and hostile.

Coming from the guy who, even after posting image after image after image,

You posted the same Jim Starlin image, twice. You then posted an image from Hickman's New Avengers #3 from 2013, and a random picture of the Infinity Gauntlet. That's hardly "image after image after image."

still argues that he's right and Jim Starlin is wrong.

Despite the fact that I specifically and directly stated that it wasn't a matter of being right, you STILL try to claim that I am "arguing that I'm right and Jim Starlin is wrong."

I'm not arguing that I'm right. I'm asking you to prove what you're claiming. And you don't speak for Jim Starlin. I am challenging YOU, not Jim Starlin.

meh

I'm asking you to PROVE what you're saying, so that everyone will be working from a position of knowledge. That is about as reasonable as it gets.

Here's what you need to do - sell all that Marry Wanna you like to puff, use the proceeds to buy the Thanos series from the 70's, read it a few times, and then come back and talk to us.

lol

I've never done an illegal drug in my life. Not even a single time.

Unfounded accusations are the best, ain't they...?

meh

And who is "us"? You don't speak for anyone but you. Don't insult everyone else by presuming they agree with you.

I just got done googling Warlock covers from the 70's and there are at least three different colors of the soul gem that are represented - green, yellow and purplish.

Maybe back then it was a 'mood' soul gem?

mood-ring-color-chart.jpg

hm

It is important to remember that coloring considerations have to be taken into account, especially on 70's books.

For different light source considerations by the artist/colorist, something may be colored a different color than its "official" color.

I see the Usual Suspects are at it again. SMH

This kind of comment only adds to the problem, and shows no discernment. You're not in any kind of position to be making these kinds of comments.

Sadly there is a lot of truth in it. Pages of this stuff in several threads. He is not alone in this thought.

This kind of comment only adds to the problem, and shows no discernment. You're not in any kind of position to be making these kinds of comments.

Sadly there is a lot of truth in it. Pages of this stuff in several threads. He is not alone in this thought.

You consider any disagreement (or what you see as a disagreement) to be the fault of whomever you have a problem with, and the context literally has absolutely no bearing on the situation.

What you would prefer is if people can take shots, and the targets to say nothing. Do you think that's reasonable?

Doesn't seem very reasonable to me.

:popcorn:

You consider any disagreement (or what you see as a disagreement) to be the fault of whomever you have a problem with, and the context literally has absolutely no bearing on the situation.

What you would prefer is if people can take shots, and the targets to say nothing. Do you think that's reasonable?

Doesn't seem very reasonable to me.

:popcorn:

Take shots at each other in PM. I think people would prefer that.

Actually, I'm not surprised, flippers and dealers (particularly now) generally responds to a new hot book, only when it is told to. :grin:

I fixed it for you.

readers and collectors aren't buying these, its the resellers. Dealers are trying to hype up copper drek they can slowly sell next few years.

a lot of dealers are sitting on low silver age and brnze age stock so they are turning to their copper drek to sell. This book is clearly a overhyped book so a handful of northeast dealers (I wont mention names) can sell their long boxes of copper drek because in the last 2 years noone is selling thier bronze or silver.

Dealers have actually gone to great lengths to make this shift happen.

the reason copper drek books are selling for 10-20 is because of dealers investing several grand in one book then coming here and promoting it, or on hot comic websites.

the majority of collectors and readers are buying Silver/Bronze keys and once the dealer sells his silver/bronze, its a lot harder to get those books back than it used to so dealers are hyping thier warehouse of copper drek.

I feel bad for anyone that pays more than $7 for Silver Surfer 44.

tldr;

you are better off spending your money on a Strange Tales 178 and Warlock 10 for the same price.

dealers just dont have a warehouse full of those so arent hyping them, when they should be,,

hell even Thanos 2nd appearance Captain Marvel 27 can be had in decent condition for cheaper than SS 44... $20 gets you a nice copy..

for the love of god why is SS 44 more than $10 when these other more important books aren't??

oh that's right, noone actually reads books anymore, they listen to mercenaut and the crazies here.

Actually, I'm not surprised, flippers and dealers (particularly now) generally responds to a new hot book, only when it is told to. :grin:

I fixed it for you.

readers and collectors aren't buying these, its the resellers. Dealers are trying to hype up copper drek they can slowly sell next few years.

a lot of dealers are sitting on low silver age and brnze age stock so they are turning to their copper drek to sell. This book is clearly a overhyped book so a handful of northeast dealers (I wont mention names) can sell their long boxes of copper drek because in the last 2 years noone is selling thier bronze or silver.

Dealers have actually gone to great lengths to make this shift happen.

the reason copper drek books are selling for 10-20 is because of dealers investing several grand in one book then coming here and promoting it, or on hot comic websites.

the majority of collectors and readers are buying Silver/Bronze keys and once the dealer sells his silver/bronze, its a lot harder to get those books back than it used to so dealers are hyping thier warehouse of copper drek.

I feel bad for anyone that pays more than $7 for Silver Surfer 44.

Wow . . . who killed Kennedy? (while you're at it) :roflmao:

Btw, there's no one (repeat NO ONE) that does this who is not a collector (or fan), in spite of what label you choose to use. :grin:

the majority of collectors and readers are buying Silver/Bronze keys

Bull :censored: ! Stop trying to hype your moldy old garbage.

I'm not saying there is no flipping/speculating/over-hyping/manipulation going on (in ALL ages), but give me a break.

the majority of collectors and readers are buying Silver/Bronze keys

Bull :censored: ! Stop trying to hype your moldy old garbage.

I'm not saying there is no flipping/speculating/over-hyping/manipulation going on (in ALL ages), but give me a break.

You just got off ignore, my friend. (thumbs u