• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wings Comics Pedigrees

29 posts in this topic

Since we seem to have an influx of Pedigree experts right now I thought I would ask if anybody knew if the Wings Comics #1 CGC 9.8 was a pedigree and/or which one?

I'm trying to put a run of these together and would love more info if anyone has any.

I have only a very, very small picture of Church Wings 1.... grin.gif

Wings 1

btw my Church list is far from complete, there are probably couple of hundreds Heritage books stil missing. frown.gif

+ all copies that haven't been for sale, but are still CGC graded.

Jon,

How many books do you have in your amazing collection?

Hmm....about 1600 golden age.......I have a complete pre-War Fox run....Centaur run...Marvel Comics 1- Marvel Tales 100..complete silver age Marvel run.....it adds up over 30 years...

Truth be known....i sell some off from time to time to pay for my evolution into comicbook art altho i will pick up that stray Larson

jon

Jon,

How many books do you have in your amazing collection?

Hmm....about 1600 golden age.......I have a complete pre-War Fox run....Centaur run...Marvel Comics 1- Marvel Tales 100..complete silver age Marvel run.....it adds up over 30 years...

Truth be known....i sell some off from time to time to pay for my evolution into comicbook art altho i will pick up that stray Larson

jon

Well keep them coming because with every post I see a new book. I would be happy with just that Marvel run from 1-100. hail.gifthumbsup2.gif

For Wings enthusiasts follow these two links....beside doing The Arrow, Lubbers did these two for me... follow the links below....

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

717887-1scanwings57.jpg

Yea know, there's two phases of Fiction house books:

1) The serious straight-forward approach to the Title.

2) The Hot Sexy Gal on the cover approach.

And while I do love those early wings that were mainly about aviation, I also really appreciate the Hot Sexy "I fight my OWN battles!" phase to. Timeless! cloud9.gif

And while I do love those early wings that were mainly about aviation, I also really appreciate the Hot Sexy "I fight my OWN battles!" phase to. Timeless! cloud9.gif

I've never checked the dates to see if there was an across the board change, but looking through the Photo Journals you can see in each FH title where the they "got" the GGA editorial direction that would serve them so well...

I've never checked the dates to see if there was an across the board change, but looking through the Photo Journals you can see in each FH title where the they "got" the GGA editorial direction that would serve them so well...

Yep, next to pulps, Fiction House had the best GGA! thumbsup2.gif