• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Origin story of Lobo?

37 posts in this topic

Personally, I prefer Grim Jack to Lobo. :grin:

Grimjack

:applause:

His early appearances are so great in Starslayer.

Since we've got Darkhawk and Lobo threads, we definitely need a Grimjack thread. :sumo:

GGSS12P1detail1.jpg

I don't even remember him being called "Lobo" in OM#3. He was in it, for sure, but I think they don't use his name until #5.

That was actually a really good catch.

I went back today to take a look. Only Bedlam is called by name when he fails to surpass Lobo's kill quota. But Lobo is never mentioned by name.

I never caught that before.

My god that would be awesome.

What's the deal with this new Lobo character? Looks pretty weak sauce, but is it supposed to be the main man, or a new character?

It might have changed later, so this info might be wrong now, but I read the first couple of issues and what they were trying to do is tell you that the new hipster Lobo was always the real Lobo and the Lobo we know was using his name, and the new (real?) one beheaded him.

I think I'm going to be sick.

What's the deal with this new Lobo character? Looks pretty weak sauce, but is it supposed to be the main man, or a new character?

It might have changed later, so this info might be wrong now, but I read the first couple of issues and what they were trying to do is tell you that the new hipster Lobo was always the real Lobo and the Lobo we know was using his name, and the new (real?) one beheaded him.

+ infinity

:cry:

It was terrible. DC just isn't ready to embrace their inner Lobo in all his glorious over the top crude.

It was terrible. DC just isn't ready to embrace their inner Lobo in all his glorious over the top crude.

Why would they kill off a character that was once one of their biggest sellers and could possibly be again with the right writing, etc.

I have tried to explain Lobo to my 10.5 year old who seems interested given his fondness for deadpool. I may let him read some Lobo. He was keenly interested in the issue where Lobo flicks the guys nose through the back of his head and blows his brain out in the process. Is that in Omega Men? I feel like he did that again when he had his own series.

Who's Lobo's arch enemy?

That's a really good question. He's taken on so many characters - including Superman and Green Lantern/Guy Gardner.

His enemies include the do-gooder superhero parody Goldstar, Loo, Vril Dox, Bludhound, Etrigan the Demon, and General Glory. Lobo generally tries to kill anyone he's hired to capture, including his fourth-grade teacher named Miss Tribb, his children, Santa Claus, and Gawd.

He fights Aquaman when a traveling space dolphin visiting Earth is killed by Japanese fishermen. He ceases fighting when he learns Aquaman is not only a friend to dolphins but was raised by them. "Aw, frag," mutters Lobo. "Now I gotta be civil." Although Lobo feels he cannot hurt a fellow dolphin lover, he has no such mercy for the fishermen.

Lobo has also had run-ins with Hitman, Valor, Starman, The Ray, Deadman, Green Lantern, the JLA, StormWatch, Mister Miracle, the Legion of Super-Heroes, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Fate, Sovereign Seven, Supergirl, and Superboy, among others.

I would love to see him take on a team like Legion of Superheroes.