• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARCH Contest Round 1 A : Overtime

45 posts in this topic

Wow! I thought it wasn't a 9.4 because of the back lower edge and the color flakes. 9.6?!? But, I'll take it and move on to the next round.
Happy New Year! sumo.gif

My Dark Knight 1 looks almost exactly like the OT tie-breaker issue and has similar defects...I was suprised it was graded that high too. And, mine was submitted 2 years ago. Strange how the moderns seem to get the most leeway by cgc; but alas, we don't work at cgc.

Also submitted mine 2 years ago

dkr2.jpg

1st OT is over. Now before any one screams at me here I forgot to scan the book showing the grade foreheadslap.gif, which I will do first thing in the morning. So I will tell you now what the book grade was and get round 2 set up.

Here are the players and the grades they submitted: The BOOK BTW was a 9.6

#25 fantasyfootballbono 9.0 vs. #10 jeffreykli 9.2- winner -

#18 cw 9.4-winner-vs. #22 comicdey 9.2

#63 supremo 9.6-winner-vs. #35 jimm94 9.2

#15 deathlok 9.4vs #27 arexcrooke 9.4 ---TIE

#54 davidking6239.2 vs. #58 hobbes 9.4-winner-

#59 darthdiesel 9.6-winner-vs. #26 hobgoblin 9.2

#21 october fire9.0 vs. #46 zonker 9.8-winner-

9.6 with a quarter-inch long COLOR BREAKING corner crease on the front cover and an eighth-inch color flake off the back bottom spine corner? Give me a phucking break!!!!! frustrated.gifscrewy.gif

Very interesting, One of my DKR 1's has a color flake about the same size, the rest of the book is perfect. I never though of subbing it cause of the flake, I though it would get hit for about 9.2. Now maybe not, but then again maybe so cause its a old label. I feel your pain Scott, No way did I think that was a 9.6. Darth was the only one to hit it - the modern knowledge of submitting paying off???