• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No More Mutants or how Marvel continues to mess with Fox

131 posts in this topic

I sincerely doubt it. That would require Marvel to have agreed to a clause in their contract stipulating a minimum amount of X-Men or FF related merchandise being produced in any given month/year, which would have been something entirely ridiculous for either party at the time the contract was signed.

(X-Men comics & merch were keeping Marvel afloat at the time that Fox bought the movie rights, so doing anything to harm that brand would have been out of the question from a corporate POV at any point & Marvel didn't even have a desire to get into the movie studio business at the time)

As of now, all Marvel/Disney is doing is cancelling products that they deem not financially viable. No court is going to decide for them which products they should or shouldn't be producing/licensing.

I doubt Fox even cares. I mean XM were producing comic based statues so Fox didn't get a piece of that. Same deal for the comics.

Marvel have blocked X-Men/FF MOVIE based products where they would have had to share profits 50% and that might hurt Fox since Marvel just releases more Avengers and Spider-Man products instead (Marvel had 100% agreement on Spidey product rights even before the new deal, unlike X-Men and FF).

I considered joining the Marvel Collectors Corps but then I thought how there will never be any X-Men items, which is 90% of my interest in Marvel. They are going to SATURATE the toy market with characters like Iron Man and Hulk, and then d-listers like Rocket Raccoon and The Inhumans, making the X-Men look all the better in the long term.

I sincerely doubt it. That would require Marvel to have agreed to a clause in their contract stipulating a minimum amount of X-Men or FF related merchandise being produced in any given month/year, which would have been something entirely ridiculous for either party at the time the contract was signed.

(X-Men comics & merch were keeping Marvel afloat at the time that Fox bought the movie rights, so doing anything to harm that brand would have been out of the question from a corporate POV at any point & Marvel didn't even have a desire to get into the movie studio business at the time)

As of now, all Marvel/Disney is doing is cancelling products that they deem not financially viable. No court is going to decide for them which products they should or shouldn't be producing/licensing.

I don't mean the Fox people. I meant the people who paid the licences a did work only to be told we are yanking it away now fark off

I don't mean the Fox people. I meant the people who paid the licences a did work only to be told we are yanking it away now fark off

Marvel's Risk Management probably has a line item in their MOU/Contract that gives each party the right to cancel the contract with enough notice or an amendment was made onto the preexisting contract. Considering how this Marvel/Fox relationship has been brewing for some time, I'm willing to bet Marvel has it written in the contract they are able to pull any character at any given time. XM needs Marvel more than Marvel needs XM.