• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seriously?

24 posts in this topic

Awesome!

I had my copy signed by Stan a few months before he passed, not a SS book, but still, its amazing to have, and there are not many out there at all. In my book,Stan Goldberg has always been underappreciated. The man worked on comics until the day he passed.

+1

Although I wouldn't say he's underappreciated. He might not enjoy the acclaim levels of Neal Adams or Jim Lee, but he's been around long enough to have built a decent sized fan base. His work on Millie and Archie is my fav.

I love Stan Goldberg. His work was obviously rushed at times but these guys were drawing on factory schedules. He consistently made smile. I was thrilled to score a 4-page Millie original art story last year. It may never even re-sell for the modest price I paid but that's OK because I plan to keep and enjoy it. And I'll keep my eye out for more Stan G.

I love Stan Goldberg. His work was obviously rushed at times but these guys were drawing on factory schedules. He consistently made smile. I was thrilled to score a 4-page Millie original art story last year. It may never even re-sell for the modest price I paid but that's OK because I plan to keep and enjoy it. And I'll keep my eye out for more Stan G.

He also was a prince of a man. Such a wonderfully kind person, and genuinely appreciative of the fact that people were still interested in his work. And he was the colorist on FF #1!!

He also was a prince of a man. Such a wonderfully kind person, and genuinely appreciative of the fact that people were still interested in his work. And he was the colorist on FF #1!!

I never got to meet him, so this is very nice to hear. Nothing worse than finally meeting someone whose work you appreciate only to find out they are nasty.