• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

- CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED

51 posts in this topic

I've always wondered how they could tell covers were married as well. hm I'd say it might have something to do with the acidity or ph of the paper matching the acidity or ph of the cover.

Can't say for sure in this instance, but I thought that staple holes that don't match up with the rest of the book are one of the 'tells' of a married cover or wrap.

I've always wondered how they could tell covers were married as well. hm I'd say it might have something to do with the acidity or ph of the paper matching the acidity or ph of the cover.

Can't say for sure in this instance, but I thought that staple holes that don't match up with the rest of the book are one of the 'tells' of a married cover or wrap.

Makes sense too :)

I can't imagine CGC having lab and testing the Ph and acidity of the paper. Maybe for more expensive books.

I can barely imagine them taking the time to look at the books at all lol

:D

xxx ooo

Rupp

I edited it...time is the main thing...maybe on a high priced Golden Age...I'd forgotten this was a sales thread...back to making money

No no... its my sales thread and I welcome the conversation :D

xxx ooo

Rupp

BATMAN # 7 - CGC 2.5 - OFF WHITE TO WP - $500

Classic cover that's held up to the test of time. Nice copy for the grade and presents mucho better.

SOLD TO JIMJUM12

IMG_20150525_190840_443_zps8oqq6xib.jpg

BUY BOTH MARVEL SPOTLIGHT V2 #7 & MARVEL PREMIERE # 61 FOR ONLY $100 $90

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT V2 # 7 - CGC 9.6 WHITE PAGES

2nd comic book appearance (nothing to do with magazines) of Star-lord.

marvel%20spotlighttttt%20cgc%2096_zpsufuaxdhs.jpg

MARVEL PREMIERE # 61 - CGC 9.6 - WHITE PAGES

3rd comic book appearance of Star-lord. White pages too !

marvel%20premiere%2061%20cgc%2096_zps4ngtr8su.jpg

MARVEL TALES # 98 - CGC 9.8 - WHITE PAGES

MARVEL TALES # 99 - CGC 9.6 - WHITE PAGES

Buy BOTH for $275 $265 !

The originals of these are almost out of reach for the normal collector ... but the Marvel Tales issues look almost identical.

IMG_20141129_200159_400_zps6e9930a1.jpg

Classic cover that's held up to the test of time. Nice copy for the grade and presents mucho better.

:takeit: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Nice pick-up !

^^

Thanks a bunch, Jimbo :D

xxx ooo

Rupp

BATMAN # 19 - CGC 5.0 QUALIFIED GREEN LABEL - $300

Imagine my surprise when this came back to me last May with a Qualified label. Married cover with staples replaced. I guess if I would have looked closer I would have noticed that the staples were too nice for this old of a book.

I had owned this for a year before I sent it in to have it graded. I purchased it from a fellow boardie I had done a fair amount of business with (buying and selling) and was not informed of any work being done to the book... nor was the concept of a married cover revealed to me at any time. That said, I trusted the guy.

The seller? mikeegg.

The sales thread...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=295665&Number=6612058#Post6612058

Sent ole Mike a PM about this on 5/17/14 which was read and not answered.

Sent ole Mike another PM about this on 11/9/14 which was read and not answered.

Sent ole Mike another PM on 2/8/15 which was read and not answered.

Sent ole Mike one last PM on 5/19/15 which hasn't been read.

I'm done sending messages. I liked Mike and we had some great transactions... but to not acknowledge PM's concerning problem product is not cool in my book.

Since I have no idea what happened to him, I have chosen not to pursue PL status until I hear from him and his reasons for not returning my PMs. Anyone who wants to complain about that can do so in their own free time. I've done enough business with him to at least allow him that much and hopefully he will PM me.

That said, until he does... do yourself a favor and please keep this seller and this instance in your mind should he come back.

That said, I'm selling the book at $300 to try to recoup some of the cash spent.

It is a really sweet looking copy... just has a married cover ;)

IMG_20150524_194333_766_zpslkya7uk1.jpg

:takeit:

Great looking book.