• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Songs that would make good comics.

86 posts in this topic

I was just listening to the radio and Hotel Califirnia came on. Being the complete comic nerd I am, I starting thinking what a cool concept that song could be for a comic or graphic novel....most likely a mini series.

With the right art style it could be quite excellent.

I started wondering about any other songs that might make interesting comics/graphic novels. The other one that popped into my head right away was a song called the whistler by White buffalo. Here's the link if you're interested, pretty cool song.

Any other songs you can think of that might spawn an interesting comic/graphic novel?

Horror: Toadies - Tyler

Sci Fi: Rage Against the Machine - Freedom

Lady Death/Evil Ernie: Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon

Sandman: Beck - Little One

Romance: Fiona Apple - Paper Bag

Great idea for a thread, Randy! :cool:

Jim Croce-Bad bad Leroy Brown

Lynard Skynard- Gimme three steps

lol Leroy Brown is the first on that came to mind.

Aqualung, All Along the Watchtower, Kasmir, Iron Man ( oh Wait), Me and Bobby McGee, House of the Rising Sun, Guns Of Brixton. Bullet the Blue Sky. God Save the Queen, I Wanna Be your Dog, the Passenger

I could go on all night

(shrug):idea:

Blue Monday, That's when I reach for my Revolver, Thunder Kiss 65, Blister in the Sun, Mirror in the Bathroom. Best I can tell just about any cool song title could work for this

I was thinking more along the lines of the story of the song than the title...

Most anything by the Smiths. In fact, I am guessing that it would be one of the best indie comics of all time.

(shrug):idea:

Blue Monday, That's when I reach for my Revolver, Thunder Kiss 65, Blister in the Sun, Mirror in the Bathroom. Best I can tell just about any cool song title could work for this

I was thinking more along the lines of the story of the song than the title...

But any of these songs have great lyrics enough to craft a theme around and the titles could be the name of the book.

Few more Born to run, Jungleland,