• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show - June 7th - Vancouver B.C.

38 posts in this topic

Here is a quick list of comics I sold today from memory:

Avengers 55, Magnus 5 (Valiant)

Marvel Graphic Novel 4 (New Mutants, 1st printing) sold 1 minute after the front doors opened. Did not realize that a SECOND printing eBayed /sold for $100.

GotG, Groot in Incred Hulk Annual 5

Sub-mariner (SA), Tales to Astonish with Subby.

Static #1's seem to sell really well as a pair that way the collector gets to read the non-polybagged version while keeping the polybagged copy of #1 in the original factory seal.

Had a 1/2 market value offer on a package deal for Avengers 4, Hulk 181 and EC Haunt of Horror that I was glad to decline. :banana:

Spider-Gwen #1 Scotty Young variant x 4 copies.

FF 53 Black Panther 2nd app.

coverless JIM 83.

Ms Marvel 16, 17 nm raw.

new 52 Batman #35 x2, #38

Shazam # 8 100 pagers x 2 copies (early Black Adam)

Showcase 97 Power Girl x 2 copies.

Saw Flatliner's comic rack and was suitably impressed at what he and his sidekick could create in 1 day (thumbs u with $90 worth of raw materials and ingenuity.

Glad you did well Allan..

I love those guys who figure you're gonna jump at a 50% of market offer on major keys.

Yup... Good for you in not taking up this offer. If it was me, I wouldn't do. Hey aardvark88, did you got email about info for next month's con? Prices on tables went up :(

fanboy,

No sorry, did not get an email from Heritage Hall about tables rental rates going up but I hope it is to cover the renovation upgrade of the Hall from Jan., 2015. Perhaps they are flying in a decent comic guest? :wishluck:

See everybody at Van Comic Show #5 on Sunday August 9, 2015.

No idea about if it was to cover the refurbished expenses. But in the information does say there will be 2 guests coming. One being an artist or writer(?) Of Star Wars (new series?). (shrug)

Anyway... my buddy and me are debuting whatever we should do both July and August or just August in selling books. :ohnoez:

fanboy,

Recommend you sell at both summer comicons. Less competition at Heritage Hall if you are mainly selling lower priced or bargain bin comics. More competition at the August, 2015 Van Comic Show but also more other dealers to sell to if you stock better quality SA comics, Disneys, GA Archies, sketches, original artwork, etc.

Just realized that the 100 table Van Comic Show offers as many comics and toys to collector/fans, as the "huge" Fan Expo Vancouver without the $30-$35/day admission price. :tonofbricks:

aardvark88,

Guess you were "reading" my thoughts? lol That was what I was thinking asfar what I've seen my friend's stock as mine. I've done my time as a dealer years ago so I knew what it take to do. The first thing is to cut off as much "fat" away and lean up into better stuff for the next show after that.

My friend has never experienced to be a dealer behind the table, so going to Heritage would be good for him to dip his foot in. He's gonna feel like fodder after some dealers had their pickings off him! :P

Fan boy,

Heritage Hall wall table 6' x 2.5' went up in cost to $70. Artist (?) Doug Wheatley did Dark Horse's Star Wars: Dark Times comics so do not confuse with newer Marvel Star Wars series.

The inaugural Fandom Bazaar pop culture con is behind Metrotown at the Bonsor Rec Center, Burnaby. 1/2 a table costs $20 to rent else $40 for full 6' table. I plan to sell blow out comics and used dvd's as it will be more like a geek flea market.

Why are tables so cheap? The hall is on the 2nd floor but there is an elevator to move your long boxes up there. This is their 1st Burnaby, BC show but the VCON, UBC West Coast sci-fi Association has experience running sci-fi cons per their background info :wishluck: here:

http://www.wcsfa.org/index.html

Could be great if not too much comic competition or a disaster because they are running their 1st show on Father's Day between noon to 6 p.m. Sunday June 21/15. Admission $2. I will post again, if I get more info.

Since the Vancouver show had ended and next show will be on Aug 9th... A new thread will come later.

On the side note: aardvark88, I may pop up at the Bonsor place to check out the new show... Not expecting anything big but you never know? Thanks for the details.

Fanboy,

There is more info and a vendor's sign up (remit via PayPal) page on the Fandom Bazaar's Facebook :gossip: page. Seems well organized with Facebook email blasts, color glossy flyers at LCS, Craiglist.org listings for advertising.

More diverse sci-fi crowd compared to Heritage Hall so not your normal comic book fans but all are welcome at Bonsor Rec Ctr behind Metrotown Mall on Father's Day.

Fanboy,

You won't have much competition at Heritage Hall July/15, as vendor Nels will NOT be booking his normal 6 wall tables. Perhaps too many comicons, fandom bazaars, antique shows and flea markets in Vancouver area.

Post a pic of your comic wall rack once you build it please. You may want to design it a bit shorter in case you sell your van and switch to a smaller car like an :hi: SUV.

I guess Nels decide he need a break for the time being? And might get the chance to have one table for me and my friend. We are going to have centre table at Heritage Hall. I'm going to meet a friend to talk about the use of his workshop on Saturday. Then go around to check prices and gather materials I need. That will be in August if all done ready.

If by any sheer luck ... hoping to get my foot in for Vancouver Comic Show on Aug 9th with a wall table. There's a waiting list.... :eek:

fan boy,

I think I saw your picture posted among these June 7, 2015 (thumbs u Vancouver Comic Show photos:

http://www.canadiancomics.net/show-04.html

Regarding the Burnaby Fandom Bazaar, it seems to be geared more towards a :headbang: West Coast Science-Fiction Association club event. That is OK for me as I would like to sell my overstocked Star Treks, ST:NG, Star Wars, pulp, digests, used dvd's to these fans that are quite different from a regular comic con.

OK, was able to confirm my 2 wall tables shared with my buddy at this new Burnaby Fandom Bazaar on Father's Day Sunday. They have asked for donations to their silent auction to raise funds for the West Coast Sci-Fi Association, so I will donate 2 graphic novels. :blush:

Also Nels of Anthill Books and Comics is not scheduled to be at July/15 Heritage Hall con.

Fan Boy,

Reminder that the Burnaby Bonsor Fandom Bazaar will be Sunday June 21/15 Father's Day starting from noon to 6 p.m. The back issues I bring will retail at $75 or less with a mix of kids Archie Double digests, used dvd's, sci-fi paperbacks, Star Wars related books.

They have about 29 different vendors set up along 52 6' tables with a wide mix of product from Japanese kites, gaming, silent auction, Star Trek, Dr. Who, VCon t-shirts, :popcorn: hotdogs and gluten free pizza. Bazaar will be in the 2nd floor ball room above the Bonsor swimming pool. Visit if you have time. :headbang:

The humanTorch's sister is now single for all those lonely hearts in Vancouver. :luhv:

Golden Age Collectables in downtown Vancouver will have a Sat. 4th of July, 2015 store signing promoting release of "We Stand on Guard" comic with writer Brian K. Vaughan and local artist Steve Skroce. Seems like USA wants to invade Canada to seize our glaciers and water resources. That means you: Alberta. :tonofbricks:

Any cgc witness or facilitators for this store signing?

The humanTorch's sister is now single for all those lonely hearts in Vancouver. :luhv:

Golden Age Collectables in downtown Vancouver will have a Sat. 4th of July, 2015 store signing promoting release of "We Stand on Guard" comic with writer Brian K. Vaughan and local artist Steve Skroce. Seems like USA wants to invade Canada to seize our glaciers and water resources. That means you: Alberta. :tonofbricks:

Any cgc witness or facilitators for this store signing?

No... not that I know anyone local here (shrug) But I should go there on that day to see the event and protect our water. :cool:

There is a chance you can get a local Vancouver comic/art collector representing the 'other' pro slabbing company to witness your comics at the Golden Age Collectables store signing. He is on this forum.

fyi, the Golden Age Collectables store signing with writer Brian K. Vaughan (Saga, Y: Last Man) and artist Steve Skroce for the release of "We Stand on Guard" comic :hi: will be on Sat. July 4/15 at 1:30 p.m.