• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Orlando -- August 11-13, 2017

13 posts in this topic

Another new show added to the list, because everyone wants to visit Florida in August...

Home page

The main thing I'm irritated about with this is the likelihood that this show will negatively impact the timing of Chicago 2016. That show really needs to be mid-August for some breathing room with school starting up.

Edited by mysterio

Not to mention that the Tampa Bay show, which drew well over 40k last year, is the weekend before, and that show is sold out for vendor booths. What nonsensical planning on the part of the WW folks.

I forgot that the TB show was that first weekend in August. I'd add highly unusual to your nonsensical, as their typical strategy is to try to get in there ahead of the established show.

Of late their strategy seems to be to announce new shows and then cancel to move them out a year (see Albuquerque and Greenville). That may be what happens here, but with them already scheduled out 14 months on this it would be a strange move. Still, Greenville was on the books for some time before being cancelled and pushed out a year, so who knows.

Not to mention that the Tampa Bay show, which drew well over 40k last year, is the weekend before, and that show is sold out for vendor booths. What nonsensical planning on the part of the WW folks.

I forgot that the TB show was that first weekend in August. I'd add highly unusual to your nonsensical, as their typical strategy is to try to get in there ahead of the established show.

Of late their strategy seems to be to announce new shows and then cancel to move them out a year (see Albuquerque and Greenville). That may be what happens here, but with them already scheduled out 14 months on this it would be a strange move. Still, Greenville was on the books for some time before being cancelled and pushed out a year, so who knows.

TOTAL insufficiently_thoughtful_persons!!!!