• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peanuts - the Movie

4 posts in this topic

Can GA books get hot cause of a movie?

GA cartoon books?

Cartoon books that have already had TV play?

Not quite a sleeper like Deadshot or Black Adam either.

But the 1st appearances and #1 are truly tough to come by. Can you name them without looking them up? If you came across a VG copy in a GA $10 box would you be able to ID it?

The Tip Top covers have always been favorites in the last 5 years. Dell issues, I've never been a fan but they are tough in high grade and File copies are getting decent money too.

Peanuts will never hit its popularity of the 70s to 80s where it was on the cover of every newspaper comic section and seen every year on network television. But a movie's a movie and will at least revive interest. Whether that translates to comic book collecting interest is tough to say.

Full disclosure - I'm talking up my book as I own a nice Peanuts 1.

But the 1st appearances and #1 are truly tough to come by. Can you name them without looking them up? If you came across a VG copy in a GA $10 box would you be able to ID it?

You mean the United Features one shot, correct?

I did find one for $10. The seller was a guy I've bought comics from for about 25 years. I told him to look it up in the guide and he was shocked. He still sold it to me for a great price. Wayyy under market value :banana:

Yes the 1953 1 shot by United Features is tough and easily the best cover of them all. The United Comics Fritz Ritz 21 and Tip Top 173 and Tip Topper 16 the early appearances but no cover. Also impossible to find.