• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the Most Under-valued Books in the OS Guide?

89 posts in this topic

And it only went for thirteen dollars.

Amazing.

I have NEVER seen one come up on e-Bay before this.

It truly is rare - how many of you have ever seen it before ????

The book was poorly listed, without "What if this were Heaven, Wouldn't That Be Hell?" in the auction title, which might account for the low price. I was not even aware of the series until you mentioned it in this thread. Are the stories any good?

The book was poorly listed, without "What if this were Heaven, Wouldn't That Be Hell?" in the auction title, which might account for the low price. I was not even aware of the series until you mentioned it in this thread. Are the stories any good?

They're sort of prose with black and white pics and very very black humour. A bit like Monty Python.

It amazes me how rare they are.

Very few people could own a complete set of all thirty issues, plus two Specials and a Preview as well. Issue 27 was the last post-1950 comic I needed for my entire collection, and it took over two years to find a copy, and that came from Australia in the end. It has a huge cockroach on the cover.

They're sort of prose with black and white pics and very very black humour. A bit like Monty Python.

Very few people could own a complete set of all thirty issues, plus two Specials and a Preview as well. Issue 27 was the last post-1950 comic I needed for my entire collection, and it took over two years to find a copy, and that came from Australia in the end. It has a huge cockroach on the cover.

I will have to pick them up....the first 15 or so at least. confused-smiley-013.gif

I will have to pick them up....the first 15 or so at least. confused-smiley-013.gif

They are over the top weird, especially at the end. I wouldn't say Monty Python, the humor is a little bit darker than that...

I think the creators must have known they were getting cancelled, because toward the end the series is totally bizarre. Looks like a very bad independent. I've got a couple in the teens that I'll give away if somebody wants them.

I will have to pick them up....the first 15 or so at least.

The first ten are around.

The second ten are difficult.

The third ten are impossible.

This is the type of comic where its scarcity SHOULD be reflected in the Overstreet Guide.

They are over the top weird, especially at the end. I wouldn't say Monty Python, the humor is a little bit darker than that...

Some Monty Python sketches were pretty dark.

Scenes of severed limbs squirting out gallons of blood.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

What are the Most Under-valued Books in the OS Guide?

A few more WAY undervalued.

ALL FLASH 32

GREEN LANTERN 30

SCRIBBLY 6

BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS

LIONEL PLAYWORLD SUPERHEROES 1, 2, and 3

IT'S GAMETIME 1, 2, 3, 4

LEGION LOST 1

LIGHTNING RACERS

MAGAZINELAND

MODESTY BLAISE DC Trade Paperback

ALL AMERICAN FREIHOFERS GIVEAWAY