• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SkOw's Funnybook Thread: Bulk Buy Option on Last Page/Thread Closes Wednesday!

122 posts in this topic

[font:Comic Sans MS]Welcome to a very SkOw-y sales thread![/font] :foryou:

:news:30% Off All Raw Books!

The time has come to refocus a little bit and that means letting go over my funny book collection and turning my focus to my #1 priority of costumed hero related books! This sales thread will feature Ducks, Rabbits, Mice, Pigs and all other kinds of critters. There will be a few other non-hero and even a Western or two mixed in.

I am going to be selling these as single books and lots. All are raw except for 1 early Four Color that is slabbed, not by me.

I have sold before on here, not a ton, but I pride myself on being easy to work with. For references my Kudos thread which is linked in my signature.

As a quick plug I will be having a larger SUPERHERO thread or threads coming up as my arch nemesis Mrs. SkOw wants me to clear room out if I am going to keep buying. In addition I have bought out some large collections on craigslist locally, won some big lots, and even though Claudio thinks I don’t have any books that aren’t readers I have actually done some upgrades so the under copies will be sold in that thread too, but that’s for another day…. :preach:

[font:Comic Sans MS] Rules for the Funny Books: :rulez:[/font]

1) First :takeit: sign in the thread OR via PM is the ^^. PMs welcoming but again the unconditional :takeit: trumps all ongoing negotiations. Please again do note that an unconditional :takeit: via PM could win if the time stamp is before the one in the thread. I will say that I am VERY motivated thanks to Mrs. SkOw to sell these so I am very open to bulk buys or any other deals.

2) For Payments, PayPal is accepted and preferred. I would also take money orders from USPS only.

3) Shipping is 5 bucks via a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope for up to 4 books, and it goes up from there with a MAX of 10 bucks, so buy buy buy!

4) Returns are allowed for any reason as long as you let me know within 7 days of the USPS delivery date and return the book to me within 14 business days. Buyer pays the return shipping and I must get the books back in the same shape as they left for a full refund. If there is something egregiously wrong that I did, like sent you the wrong copy of a book, I will cover the return shipping too.

5) In terms of who is eligible, this sale is only open to the United States ONLY in the thread. If there is something that you really want and you live outside the US please PM me first. Also, under no circumstances are HOS, Probies, or otherwise shady folks allowed, I reserve the right to refuse to sell to you!

6) Freebies will be posted throughout the thread. The rule of 3 applies to freebies in this thread. You may claim via a TAKEIT up to 3 freebies in this thread, but can only claim a freebie for every book or lot of books that cost 3 dollars or more. So for example, if you bought a 3 dollar book, a 6 dollar book, and a lot of 10 that was 20 bucks, you could grab 3 freebies. If you bought a 3 dollar book, a 2 dollar book, and a 1 dollar book, you could grab 1 freebie. I may expand the number of freebies allowed as we go through.

7) References to the Big Lebowski, South Park, Star Wars, The Simpsons, Seinfeld, and other like awesomeness is welcomed and may result in additional rewards to the first few people who post a reference. :headbang:

Many of these books will be well below OSPG. I am using the 43rd edition from from 2013-14 to price them.

And....here....we...go.....

Up first will be the slabbed Four Color #30.

Also, since most of these books are in the GD to VG range I will be putting the 43rd edition OSPG GD and VG prices in the thread for reference. Many will be well below OSPG! (thumbs u

Up first.... Four Color #30 CGC 5.0. Off White Pages on a 1943 book.

There have been no recent 4.0 to 5.0 sales on GPA. A 6.0 sold for $114 back in April 2014. A7.0 sold for $143 last month. The OSPG on this one is $80 in VG and $120 in FN. I am ok with holding onto this one for now, so I am going to be a little more aggresive than the other books here and ask $95.00. $85.00 (One and only price cut on this one. I am still open to offers.)

Also, the 10 dollar MAX shipping also applies to Slabs.

79144d73-111d-42f3-a7bd-1ff40f27aaea_zpsb2vbh2xv.jpg

IMG_2420_zpswofxolox.jpg

IMG_2416_zpschveucrv.jpg

3449398c-ae60-4438-86f8-cbccd30d04d5_zpskebc1zu3.jpg

Lot of Donald Duck Related Books: SOLD!!

Donald Duck 44 G+

Donald Duck 56 G+

Donald Duck 61 VG-

Donald Duck 75 VG+

Donald Duck 66 VG-

Donald Duck 69 VG-

Donald Duck 73 G+

Four Color 1182 FR

OSPG for the lot in G is $43 and in VG is $86.

My Price for the lot: $29.00 SOLD!!

IMG_0002_zpszhoajxyb.jpg

IMG_0003_zpsckpfsopz.jpg

IMG_0004_zpstpuumivl.jpg

IMG_0005_zpsghmkjubu.jpg

IMG_0006_zps30bcny8x.jpg

IMG_0007_zps5w6m0a6t.jpg

IMG_0008_zpsikz9ta65.jpg

IMG_0009_zps0lynwww8.jpg

Walt Disney Comics and Stories 93 FR. Cover completely detached, tears, small pieces out of BC along spine. Interior complete and readable. OSPG G $17.00 VG $34.00 My Price: $8.00

IMG_0015_zpsvgmpv935.jpg