• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman/Cinemax - Premieres 3 June 2016 -Watchoutcast.com

160 posts in this topic

I read all of walking dead first before I watched the show and it was different enough that it didn't matter. They'll be stretching out the show so probably adding a bunch of new stuff not show releated....you can at least get an idea of the plot line if you read the comic.

Im holding.....show is good enough that it would be nuts to sell cheap

I have 5 copies up at $19.99 right now, with two selling tonight. I should have another 20 or more sitting in my Image #1 box for a later date. :banana:

I've thought 19.99 is too cheap for quite some time....it should be steady 24.99 and one sold recently bin for 32.00...I've seen no real spike since the airing and afraid cinemax is one massive buzz kill...or I'm just a bit paranoid

Yeah, I'm wondering how this being on Cinemax is going to affect the popularity of the show. To be truthful, that's probably the only episode I'll see since I don't subscribe to Cinemax (unless they sell it on Amazon later).

With the popularity of TWD, I wonder why they settled on Cinemax. They must have had a ton of money thrown at them...

Point taken... however, if the fact that its on Cinemax is a deterrent for a lot of folks, the show won't be on for long, and that will definitely affect the perceived prices of the books.

I'm hoping it gets to Amazon pretty quickly... mainly because I just want to watch it :)

I have 5 copies up at $19.99 right now, with two selling tonight. I should have another 20 or more sitting in my Image #1 box for a later date. :banana:

The problem is everyone else does too. I wont be sitting on this one. I will take my profit and run. I might keep a copy or two and that's it.

Its how I view most new properties. Any book that skyrockets can crash just as easily and lately additional profit just isn't worth the risk for me. I can put the money somewhere else safer.

The problem is everyone else does too. I wont be sitting on this one. I will take my profit and run. I might keep a copy or two and that's it.

Its how I view most new properties. Any book that skyrockets can crash just as easily and lately additional profit just isn't worth the risk for me. I can put the money somewhere else safer.

I don't see this comic crashing any time soon with 2 seasons guaranteed...worst case they'll be selling the same they are now at the end of this season.

With the popularity of TWD, I wonder why they settled on Cinemax. They must have had a ton of money thrown at them...

My guess is that Cinemax offered Kirman the beat deal financially, and it also provides leverage for future negotiations with AMC. Spreading out shows on different specialty networks gives him multiple distribution options. AMC is probably fine with it as well since they already have TWD and FTWD with him. Adding the Preacher and other properties helps diversify them away from being so dependent on Kirkman.