• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sony wants to expand Valiant comics

26 posts in this topic

I got excited. But then remembered Turok is not part of the new Valiant Universe.

Turok Remaster Comes To PC This Week

Night Dive Studios’ remaster of the 1997 Turok videogame will come to PC on Dec. 17.

Night Dive’s Stephen Kick tells Eurogamer that this release will be a remaster of the PC version of the game, rather than the Nintendo 64 version. The remaster will feature enhanced visuals, and the following additional features:

• Support for high resolutions, and widescreen.
  • Improved gameplay and level design.
  • OpenGL for video backend to provide portability and support for vertical sync.
  • Dynamic lighting, bloom, FXAA, enhanced water effects, lights shafts and more.
  • vAbility to freely rebind all keyboard, mouse, and gamepad inputs.
  • Steam Achievements.

For now he is out. Hope for the future!

I wish they'd stop trying to make Valiant happen. Valiant is never gonna happen.

Valiant needs to happen so Marvel and DC might actually start trying to write better superhero stories. As of today, there's zero from either company I am even slightly interested in, and this is coming from a former diehard Marvel fan. It shouldn't be all about the movies.

I think this board is way too Valiant biased. Outside of comic readers exactly who has heard of Valiant or its characters. The movie better just be great because how else are they going to get a lot of people to want to see it.

In this age that's probably a strength more than weakness. A chance to carve out a fresh 'new' niche in a world of sequels. Methodically build across movies, animation, games, statues, toys, swag, and yeah, comics.

Right? Think of the top level all time greats. Valiant is virtually untapped, and maybe Xenozoic Tales. What else at that level is still just sitting there? Planetary comes to mind. It's going to be a short list.

Xenozoic Tales would be a freaking sweet movie franchise...

On Valiant, the same can be said for Guardians of the Galaxy, the Inhumans, etc. Not too many people outside of the fanboy crowd knew who/what that was. I'm excited to see what they do with Valiant on the silver screen. Can't be worse that the repeated Fantastic Four debacles...