• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 8 Results

72 posts in this topic

Here are the Top 10 from last year. Let's have a look and compare with the current leaders, after the end of Round 8..... :popcorn:

Last year

1. canickus

2. zuckuss2003

3. genrlzod

4. TheGeneral

5. toro

6. paul747

7. AJD

8. marmat

9. Chip Cataldo

10. NinjaSealed

This year (so far)

1. toro

2. LordRahl

3. Azkaban

3. canickus

5. TheGeneral

5. yoddler

7. 01TheDude

7. BlowUpTheMoon

7. comicdey

7. JazzMan

7. makeminemego

7. thunsicker

7. timern

:popcorn:

canickus and TheGeneral have a TON of momentum coming into round 9..... who will falter, who will get that perfect score? Will it be toro again? Will BlowUpTheMoon rebound? Will comicdey continue his fantastic run?

Stay tuned, folks. Results coming up tomorrow night.... :headbang:

Here are the Top 10 from last year. Let's have a look and compare with the current leaders, after the end of Round 8..... :popcorn:

Last year

1. canickus

2. zuckuss2003

3. genrlzod

4. TheGeneral

5. toro

6. paul747

7. AJD

8. marmat

9. Chip Cataldo

10. NinjaSealed

This year (so far)

1. toro

2. LordRahl

3. Azkaban

3. canickus

5. TheGeneral

5. yoddler

7. 01TheDude

7. BlowUpTheMoon

7. comicdey

7. JazzMan

7. makeminemego

7. thunsicker

7. timern

:popcorn:

canickus and TheGeneral have a TON of momentum coming into round 9..... who will falter, who will get that perfect score? Will it be toro again? Will BlowUpTheMoon rebound? Will comicdey continue his fantastic run?

Stay tuned, folks. Results coming up tomorrow night.... :headbang:

And Chip was that high despite missing that round? Wow. Just imagine.

TheGeneral knocked me out of the March Madness contest last year late, so I'm always cheering for him to win just so I can say I lost to one of the best.

lol

The wildest ride so far has to be the precipitous fall of 427Impaler, who only 2 rounds ago was challenging toro for 1st, and after a horrible recent performance is now back with the scrubs in 27th.
Awax had better be careful, his double bull last round has put him in danger of losing his grip on the booby prize.

I won it last year. Working on not winning it again :hi:

The wildest ride so far has to be the precipitous fall of 427Impaler, who only 2 rounds ago was challenging toro for 1st, and after a horrible recent performance is now back with the scrubs in 27th.

I blame it on a total mental breakdown. I got myself dialed into the whole "it can't be what I think it is" conspiracy theory, these books look great but they just can't be. I started feverishly searching the large scans for the tiniest flaws, and everything got exaggerated....

I looked back on both the books and even if I didn't descend into OCD paranoia I still would have missed the ASM by a large margin. The Astonishing on the other hand I have no idea why I hit it so hard. Definitely a lesson, I hate lessons.

Impaler that was a great response !! this is a competition, and like all competitions things get tougher down the stretch when you are in the lead ! ( I am a golfer and many times have blown the lead on the 18th) you accepted it and didn't blame anything and now maybe you can bulls eye out !!! you are a good sport !!!! :golfclap:

Could you guys just imagine where thunsicker would be right now if he hadn't missed a round?

Where would I be, if you only posted Marvels to grade. :baiting: I requested that too. :cry:

You would be sorely missing in your opportunity to expand your knowledge and grading skill.

I know that I am far more knowledgeable in Marvel land too.

Undergrade_zpskshzwbej.jpg

Once again - I PROUDLY wear my UnderGrades as a badge of honor because if anyone had tried to sell me that ASM300 with all those color-breaking spine-stresses on the front cover as a "9.6" I would have called them a crook!

:cool:

btw, I've been out of town for the weekend and had better jump on this next set of books super-pronto before it's too late! :eek:

ETA: I think my scores on that table should be reversed - I gave ASM300 a 9.0 (-1) and Astonishing a 9.4 (+3)..... not that it makes any difference in the final scores.