• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The thing about "Greggy" is that he's,....

116 posts in this topic

yay.gif

Go wash my car !!

confused.gif Do we really want to know what that's code for? crazy.gif

I've made my "M Date stamp". Pretty soon there will be as much Salidas out there as Bostons! yay.gif

Not

FU893censored-thumb.gifNG

Funny.

Seriously.

I'd have much rather you said you were going to start pencilling "G"s on books from 1946.

Word on the streets is that the good books suffered the same fate as the majority of Church Fiction House books. Tanning due to poor storage by subsequent owners. Bruce isn't the brightest guy! yeahok.gif

Greggy, "the streets" where you sell your short-short wearing are not the same "streets" where people hear things.

So...the reported existence of some keys in this mainly Silver Age "pedigree" is fiction as well? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It must take many MAN-hours working out on those "streets" of yours to make enough money to buy all of that crack you're smoking.

Mmm....side tracking the real point. Where's the keys? Hell...there must be a Sgt Fury run in there? So...a 1950 to 1969 collection doesn't mainly cover the Silver Age? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In this superhero-centric hobby, a collection of war and humor books isn't going to have many "keys" per se. I could ask you where the keys are in your romance collection, but I'm not a horse's , so I won't.

And there are tons of Salidas from before 1950, and the ones from the Silver Age don't stand up in paper quality. The bulk of the gorgeous books are from the '50s. If anyone still used the old "tweener" age connotations, Salida would be more an "Atomic Age" pedigree than anything.

If it had more Silver Age-defining comics in it (re: superheroes), one could get away with calling it a "Silver Age pedigree" like Bethlehem or White Mountain. But its defining genres are from a throwback age, thus anyone who calls it a "Silver Age pedigree" is smoking crack.

And remember, Greggy: Don't smoke crack, lick it.

yay.gif

Go wash my car !!

I've made my "M Date stamp". Pretty soon there will be as much Salidas out there as Bostons! yay.gif

Not

Funny.

Seriously.

I'd have much rather you said you were going to start pencilling "G"s on books from 1946.

Word on the streets is that the good books suffered the same fate as the majority of Church Fiction House books. Tanning due to poor storage by subsequent owners. Bruce isn't the brightest guy! yeahok.gif

Greggy, "the streets" where you sell your short-short wearing are not the same "streets" where people hear things.

So...the reported existence of some keys in this mainly Silver Age "pedigree" is fiction as well? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It must take many MAN-hours working out on those "streets" of yours to make enough money to buy all of that crack you're smoking.

Mmm....side tracking the real point. Where's the keys? Hell...there must be a Sgt Fury run in there? So...a 1950 to 1969 collection doesn't mainly cover the Silver Age? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In this superhero-centric hobby, a collection of war and humor books isn't going to have many "keys" per se. I could ask you where the keys are in your romance collection, but I'm not a horse's , so I won't.

And there are tons of Salidas from before 1950, and the ones from the Silver Age don't stand up in paper quality. The bulk of the gorgeous books are from the '50s. If anyone still used the old "tweener" age connotations, Salida would be more an "Atomic Age" pedigree than anything.

If it had more Silver Age-defining comics in it (re: superheroes), one could get away with calling it a "Silver Age pedigree" like Bethlehem or White Mountain. But its defining genres are from a throwback age, thus anyone who calls it a "Silver Age pedigree" is smoking crack.

So...it's Atomic now! 893applaud-thumb.gif Anything to not call it a Silver Age pedigree because YOU feel that none are worthly. Oh well, I'll leave you to your delusions and I await some more scans of some obscure books. You're lucky that it arrived before CGC so it'll get grandfathered in as an accepted pedigree...or maybe not. Later...show us some more "Atomic" Age books. Looks like the key books from the Silver Age won't be seeing the light anytime soon. 27_laughing.gif

screwy.gif

( say it in emoiticons! Don't speak your piece, let the emoiticon's speak! )

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yay.gif

Just finished the whole thread...and I don't know what the hell you all are talking about... frustrated.gif

Jim

If you've seen the scans, you'll understand why! screwy.gif

yay.gif

Go wash my car !!

Not

Funny.

Seriously.

So...it's Atomic now! 893applaud-thumb.gif Anything to not call it a Silver Age pedigree because YOU feel that none are worthly. Oh well, I'll leave you to your delusions and I await some more scans of some obscure books. You're lucky that it arrived before CGC so it'll get grandfathered in as an accepted pedigree...or maybe not. Later...show us some more "Atomic" Age books. Looks like the key books from the Silver Age won't be seeing the light anytime soon. 27_laughing.gif

I doubt you'd be able to find anyone with even a passing knowledge of the pedigree to designate it a "Silver Age pedigree." There are books from the '40s in it, for crying out loud! Frank Blankis was born in 1919, for Pete's sake! It's like the Spokane pedigree -- Atomic Age -- but since no one but Pov uses the term "Atomic Age" any more, Golden Age is more apropos a term. You're just a foolio. poke2.gif

And I couldn't give a [#@$%!!!] whether CGC recognizes Salida as a pedigree or not. Not everyone recognizes them as the final arbiters of what makes a pedigree. Besides, they're not very high on my confidence list right now when it comes to pedigrees. In fact, Haspel wouldn't recognize a Salida if it was hand delivered by Frank Blankis himself. Truly. Mark had no idea there were any date stamps whatsoever on them when I talked to him about the 15 GI Combats I picked up last year that were unlabelled as Salidas.

And if someone posts a Salida key, would you like some salt and pepper with that crow?

( say it in emoiticons! Don't speak your piece, let the emoiticon's speak! )

cool.gif.....& crazy.gif........ devil.gif......& angel.gif.....a headbang.gif& yay.gif.......often........ frustrated.gif......but never.......

sleeping.gif.......love him....... cloud9.gif.....or hate him....... boo.gif.........these boards would not be as fun without him.

So Greggy...........here's to you........ 893applaud-thumb.gif....... thumbsup2.gif......... flowerred.gif............. hail.gif

Yes, a key would legitimize it.

So...if some sucker who bought the non-keys early from Bruce's store not knowing about it's vaunted status as a pedigree submits them, CGC should automatically treat them as a Salida? Wow...just white pages and a "M stamp" makes it a "Salida". What happens when a non-Salida with that stamp gets designated? You going to go on another rant? Can't have it both ways. confused-smiley-013.gif

But...obviously you love this "pedigree" but don't try to shove it down everyone else's throat. hail.gif

So Salidas is another proposed pedigree? Doesn't seem like a month goes by that another collection is found and it's status as a "pedigree" is claimed. I think the "naming" of collections has spiraled out of control. The designation of the collections such as Nic Cage or Dallas Stephens by CGC on the labels has further muddled the waters.

Not every nice collection found deserves a pedigree or "collection" designation. True pedigrees should remain as few as possible. All these proposed collections/pedigrees only serve to water down the significance of the deserving collections.

Jim

My god, there's been more discussion of Blankis/Salida books on these boards in the past 3 days than, well, in all of the rest of history combined. frustrated.gif

To see 2 grown men (well, 1 grown man and Greggy) fighting about this pedigree is disturbing, to say the least. I may have to shoot up tonight to get the image out of my head.

And Greggy, we don't WANT collections with average grades of VG-F to be considered SA pedigrees. poke2.gif

And Alan, I still use the term "Atomic Age". sumo.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif Would you believe the world was flat just because Overstreet said so? poke2.gif

Oh yeah, when you use the "quote" button, YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP QUOTING EVERYTHING THAT CAME BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!! Consider learning to use the delete button so some of us don't have to scroll down for 1 minute just to find some nugget of wisdom like " screwy.gif" or " Christo_pull_hair.gif" or " sleeping.gif" waiting for us.

-Tim flowerred.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifheadbang.gif

My god, there's been more discussion of Blankis/Salida books on these boards in the past 3 days than, well, in all of the rest of history combined. frustrated.gif

To see 2 grown men (well, 1 grown man and Greggy) fighting about this pedigree is disturbing, to say the least. I may have to shoot up tonight to get the image out of my head.

And Greggy, we don't WANT collections with average grades of VG-F to be considered SA pedigrees. poke2.gif

And Alan, I still use the term "Atomic Age". sumo.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif Would you believe the world was flat just because Overstreet said so? poke2.gif

Oh yeah, when you use the "quote" button, YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP QUOTING EVERYTHING THAT CAME BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!! Consider learning to use the delete button so some of us don't have to scroll down for 1 minute just to find some nugget of wisdom like " screwy.gif" or " Christo_pull_hair.gif" or " sleeping.gif" waiting for us.

-Tim flowerred.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifheadbang.gif

Tim chill out. Not my fault that someone can't handle an initial tongue and cheek comment! smirk.gif

Yes, a key would legitimize it.

GI Combat #1? OOAW #83? Plus, there are a whole slew of "keys" to a war collector that a non-war collector would simply shrug at.

So...if some sucker who bought the non-keys early from Bruce's store not knowing about it's vaunted status as a pedigree submits them, CGC should automatically treat them as a Salida? Wow...just white pages and a "M stamp" makes it a "Salida". What happens when a non-Salida with that stamp gets designated? You going to go on another rant? Can't have it both ways. confused-smiley-013.gif

You just have no clue, do you? Mile High had the provenance for the 15 GI Combats I bought, but they were more interested in getting "Dallas Stephens" put on the label than anything else. I had to practically beg Will Moulton for the list of Salida books in Dallas' collection.

And yes, if Haspel had been aware of the date stamps I'm sure he would have called to question provenance. He actually remembered the GI Combats in question -- "You don't see many books from the '50s with gorgeous white pages like that," he said. When CGC is randomly calling about books they think might be Edgar Churches or whatnot, of course I would expect them to call about a possible Salida. IF they knew what the hell they're looking for.

And if CGC slabs a Salida from, say, 1982, then yeah, I'll definitely go on another rant. And the day that someone can effectively counterfeit a Salida -- complete with accurate date stamp, blinding colors, and white pages that blow away Churches and Reillys -- is the day I get out of this corrupt hobby for good.

But...obviously you love this "pedigree" but don't try to shove it down everyone else's throat. hail.gif

Ridiculous. I have less than 1000 posts here, a fraction of which relate to or even mention "Salidas." And yet I'm "shoving them down everyone's throat?" I'm certain more people in the hobby are aware of your collecting habits than mine, Greggy, so who's doing the shoving?

I'm done feeding trolls. tongue.gif

So Salidas is another proposed pedigree? Doesn't seem like a month goes by that another collection is found and it's status as a "pedigree" is claimed. I think the "naming" of collections has spiraled out of control. The designation of the collections such as Nic Cage or Dallas Stephens by CGC on the labels has further muddled the waters.

Not every nice collection found deserves a pedigree or "collection" designation. True pedigrees should remain as few as possible. All these proposed collections/pedigrees only serve to water down the significance of the deserving collections.

Salidas were mentioned in Matt Nelson's pedigree article from 1995. Ain't nothin' proposed about it.

Tim chill out. Not my fault that someone can't handle an initial tongue and cheek comment! smirk.gif

All of my comments were in fun, I actually enjoyed the "debate".

Except for my comment about the "quote" button!!! makepoint.gif

Salidas were mentioned in Matt Nelson's pedigree article from 1995. Ain't nothin' proposed about it.

So...Matt Nelson is now the final arbitrator of what or what isn't a pedigree now? CGC isn't but Matt is because he has a write-up on it! Hilarious...but you are so thin skinned that it's not even funny.

I may have to shoot up tonight to get the image out of my head.

They gots good heroin in Hong Kong, don't they Tim?

And Greggy, we don't WANT collections with average grades of VG-F to be considered SA pedigrees.

Funny, I don't wany ANY collections from the Silver Age proper to be called a pedigree. poke2.gifpoke2.gif

And Alan, I still use the term "Atomic Age".

That's 'cause yer kewl old school style like me and Pov.

Oh yeah, when you use the "quote" button, YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP QUOTING EVERYTHING THAT CAME BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Nazi. yeahok.gif

So you wanna buy some sweet WDC&Ss? (I'm trying to gauge if my pimping of this pedigree has paid off yet. yay.gif)