• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The thing about "Greggy" is that he's,....

116 posts in this topic

So Salidas is another proposed pedigree? Doesn't seem like a month goes by that another collection is found and it's status as a "pedigree" is claimed. I think the "naming" of collections has spiraled out of control. The designation of the collections such as Nic Cage or Dallas Stephens by CGC on the labels has further muddled the waters.

Not every nice collection found deserves a pedigree or "collection" designation. True pedigrees should remain as few as possible. All these proposed collections/pedigrees only serve to water down the significance of the deserving collections.

Salidas were mentioned in Matt Nelson's pedigree article from 1995. Ain't nothin' proposed about it.

That's funny because I've barely heard of them...and my post still applies...it apparently still hasn't met the standard for a true pedigree. In ten years, time you'd expect this confusion over the collection to be resolved...

Jim

Yes, a key would legitimize it.

GI Combat #1? OOAW #83? Plus, there are a whole slew of "keys" to a war collector that a non-war collector would simply shrug at.

So...if some sucker who bought the non-keys early from Bruce's store not knowing about it's vaunted status as a pedigree submits them, CGC should automatically treat them as a Salida? Wow...just white pages and a "M stamp" makes it a "Salida". What happens when a non-Salida with that stamp gets designated? You going to go on another rant? Can't have it both ways. confused-smiley-013.gif

You just have no clue, do you? Mile High had the provenance for the 15 GI Combats I bought, but they were more interested in getting "Dallas Stephens" put on the label than anything else. I had to practically beg Will Moulton for the list of Salida books in Dallas' collection.

And yes, if Haspel had been aware of the date stamps I'm sure he would have called to question provenance. He actually remembered the GI Combats in question -- "You don't see many books from the '50s with gorgeous white pages like that," he said. When CGC is randomly calling about books they think might be Edgar Churches or whatnot, of course I would expect them to call about a possible Salida. IF they knew what the hell they're looking for.

And if CGC slabs a Salida from, say, 1982, then yeah, I'll definitely go on another rant. And the day that someone can effectively counterfeit a Salida -- complete with accurate date stamp, blinding colors, and white pages that blow away Churches and Reillys -- is the day I get out of this corrupt hobby for good.

But...obviously you love this "pedigree" but don't try to shove it down everyone else's throat. hail.gif

Ridiculous. I have less than 1000 posts here, a fraction of which relate to or even mention "Salidas." And yet I'm "shoving them down everyone's throat?" I'm certain more people in the hobby are aware of your collecting habits than mine, Greggy, so who's doing the shoving?

I'm done feeding trolls. tongue.gif

Okay you two, time for a time-out! Alan, your enthusiasm for this collection is appreciated, but you have to recognize when someone's just yanking your chain. Greggy, er, just go to your room!

C'mon guys, it was actually a pretty witty debate, don't let it degenerate into personal acrimony. flowerred.gif Tim Boo Ba has spoken! sumo.gif

So Salidas is another proposed pedigree? Doesn't seem like a month goes by that another collection is found and it's status as a "pedigree" is claimed. I think the "naming" of collections has spiraled out of control. The designation of the collections such as Nic Cage or Dallas Stephens by CGC on the labels has further muddled the waters.

Not every nice collection found deserves a pedigree or "collection" designation. True pedigrees should remain as few as possible. All these proposed collections/pedigrees only serve to water down the significance of the deserving collections.

Salidas were mentioned in Matt Nelson's pedigree article from 1995. Ain't nothin' proposed about it.

So...Matt Nelson is now the final arbitrator of what or what isn't a pedigree now? CGC isn't but Matt is because he has a write-up on it! Hilarious...but you are so thin skinned that it's not even funny.

Shut the [#@$%!!!] up! We like you better when you use no words you freaking tool. You've used up your yearly quota of words in this thread.......beeyotch. mad.gif

So...Matt Nelson is now the final arbitrator of what or what isn't a pedigree now? CGC isn't but Matt is because he has a write-up on it! Hilarious...but you are so thin skinned that it's not even funny.

(Christo_pull_hair.gif Don't feed the trolls ... don't feed the trolls. Okay, just this once.)

Where did the words "final arbiter" come out of my mouth with regard to Matt Nelson? Stop resorting to JC-like tactics, Greggy. You're better than that.

Yes, a key would legitimize it.

GI Combat #1? OOAW #83? Plus, there are a whole slew of "keys" to a war collector that a non-war collector would simply shrug at.

So...if some sucker who bought the non-keys early from Bruce's store not knowing about it's vaunted status as a pedigree submits them, CGC should automatically treat them as a Salida? Wow...just white pages and a "M stamp" makes it a "Salida". What happens when a non-Salida with that stamp gets designated? You going to go on another rant? Can't have it both ways. confused-smiley-013.gif

You just have no clue, do you? Mile High had the provenance for the 15 GI Combats I bought, but they were more interested in getting "Dallas Stephens" put on the label than anything else. I had to practically beg Will Moulton for the list of Salida books in Dallas' collection.

And yes, if Haspel had been aware of the date stamps I'm sure he would have called to question provenance. He actually remembered the GI Combats in question -- "You don't see many books from the '50s with gorgeous white pages like that," he said. When CGC is randomly calling about books they think might be Edgar Churches or whatnot, of course I would expect them to call about a possible Salida. IF they knew what the hell they're looking for.

And if CGC slabs a Salida from, say, 1982, then yeah, I'll definitely go on another rant. And the day that someone can effectively counterfeit a Salida -- complete with accurate date stamp, blinding colors, and white pages that blow away Churches and Reillys -- is the day I get out of this corrupt hobby for good.

But...obviously you love this "pedigree" but don't try to shove it down everyone else's throat. hail.gif

Ridiculous. I have less than 1000 posts here, a fraction of which relate to or even mention "Salidas." And yet I'm "shoving them down everyone's throat?" I'm certain more people in the hobby are aware of your collecting habits than mine, Greggy, so who's doing the shoving?

I'm done feeding trolls. tongue.gif

Yeah...I've read about the keys. Now show me one. So...I should have a clue about these books that were not labelled but you didn't note the fact that Mile High had the provenance info. Maybe Chuck knows what a real pedigree looks like so he didn't feel that it was needed. Who cares about 1982 books? You're missing the point again. I'm talking about another book from the same era with that date stamp and had white pages. Salida or not? You expect them to call Bruce for the info if the submittor doesn't mention it? Why does it matter to you? Buy it cheap and crack it out. confused-smiley-013.gif

(Christo_pull_hair.gif Don't feed the trolls ... don't feed the trolls. Okay, just this once.)

Where did the words "final arbiter" come out of my mouth with regard to Matt Nelson? Stop resorting to JC-like tactics, Greggy. You're better than that.

You mention Matt's article as your reason that it's not a Johnny come lately like the PC...Curators...etc. So...if Matt mentioned the ABC pedigree in his article, then it's cool? insane.gif

No he's not. He's a rotten POS*.

(*see my first post in this thread) 491439-poo.gif491439-poo.gif491439-poo.gif

You mention Matt's article as your reason that it's not a Johnny come lately like the PC...Curators...etc. So...if Matt mentioned the ABC pedigree in his article, then it's cool? insane.gif

726022-tyson.JPG

726022-tyson.JPG.845c10793c890d034cccfbcb5f517364.JPG

flowerred.gif

but you have to recognize when someone's just yanking your chain

Who says I haven't? wink.gif

I've actually treated this as something akin to a Socratic teaching session. It's actually helped me formulate my ideas and feelings about the pedigree better. Believe me, my blood pressure has not gone up during these discussions. smile.gif

Tis the problem with the Internet -- no one can infer tone and thus state of mind from the simple words. Emoticons help, but can oftentimes just get in the way.

Believe me, I'm not going to hire anyone to kick Greggy in the nuts at San Diego this year.

I'd say I luv ya, Greggy, but then someone would accuse me of being just as queer as you. flowerred.gifpoke2.gif

flowerred.gif

617902-troll.jpg

I've actually treated this as something akin to a Socratic teaching session. It's actually helped me formulate my ideas and feelings about the pedigree better. Believe me, my blood pressure has not gone up during these discussions. smile.gif

Tis the problem with the Internet -- no one can infer tone and thus state of mind from the simple words. Emoticons help, but can oftentimes just get in the way.

Believe me, I'm not going to hire anyone to kick Greggy in the nuts at San Diego this year.

I'd say I luv ya, Greggy, but then someone would accuse me of being just as queer as you. flowerred.gifpoke2.gif

Blow me fool. I'll harass you another day with my logical and well thought comments! poke2.gif

Blow me fool. I'll harass you another day with my logical and well thought comments! poke2.gif

You were strangely articulate and convincing for most of the argument. Much more so than most here. You just should have known when to quit. poke2.gif

You were strangely articulate and convincing for most of the argument. Much more so than most here. You just should have known when to quit. poke2.gif

Salidas rock. I'll show you my copy from 1972 tomorrow! poke2.gifsleeping.gif

Slabbed and labelled as a Salida? smirk.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Too bad it only has OW pages! sorry.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Too bad it only has OW pages! sorry.gif

frown.gif Stupid Salida winters.

I may have to shoot up tonight to get the image out of my head.

They gots good heroin in Hong Kong, don't they Tim?

You betcha, you think the brand name "China White" was just made up? But these damn kids in HK today, they're into all sorts of newfangled stuff like Ecstasy, meth, etc. Bah, nothing but chemicals!

Hey, somebody post a "goatsex"-like picture and get this entire thread pulled. It would add to the surrealness of it. Like it was all but a dream.........

I thought the sudden interjection by BOC was pretty surreal. What was up with that? confused-smiley-013.gif Good night, kiddies.