• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery Tales #9 goes for $560!! Did I miss something?

56 posts in this topic

So the bidding just ended on Mystery Tales #9 and it went for a mind jarring $560! What did I miss? I put up a nicer copy here on the boards for $200 and didn't get a nibble. It's a great cover and hard to find but $560! Wonder if this was two people who really wanted this and blew each other up or a trend? Thoughts...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271922184513?_trksid=p2045573.m570.l4454&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI271922184513.N15.S2.M-1.R1.TR9

It's the heat of the battle Retro just two or three who wanted to win the book.We see crazy results on books in our hobby just the sign of things to come. :preach:

Wonder how much I can get for mine in crazy town? hm

Do it! You know while the under bidders are still licking their wounds! :devil:

Scared too! My luck mine would go for $23 or something. Maybe I could slap it up there with a crazy bin.

Point Five might chime in, but I seem to recall a buyer of Atlas/Everett books who sent prices nuts a few years ago. Maybe he's back?

Yeah, that buyer was bidding on the whole Mystery Tales run specifically, but seems to have dialed it back in the last year or so.

This Everett cover is fantastic. I'm an amateur Atlas enthusiast, but to me there is at least some logic in these Everett MT covers spiking rather than the run-of-the-mill ones.

I thought my 4.5 was expensive, but $1434 for a 5.5 ?

Blimey !

When two guys with a few beers in them get into a bidding war, any result is possible.

My father collects vintage oil cans. One night he had a few beers, and was bidding on a can on ebay. This was back when you could see usernames of other bidders. The user namer of the person bidding against him was "Imnumber1". My father said "Not tonight you aren't". Logic went out the door. He won and paid (I think) over 10x market value for the can. And he was very happy.

MT9 is a cool book.

MT 9 is a very cool book, and hard to get in any condition. There was a raw 6.5 that looked more 6.0 on ebay a couple of years ago, I believe it was a ped, that went for $1200.00 or something around there.

And that was just before Atlas' started to heat up.