• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sellers/Buyers Etiquette or the lack of in recent times...

87 posts in this topic

My observation is that selling comics on the internet has taken an interesting turn in the last few years. Facebook and other social website groups have popped up all over and it has laid the groundwork for a wild west experiment.

For example, thread crapping here is immediately taken care of, but in the aforementioned groups, it is rarely moderated and sometimes encouraged. However,

I want to be clear that I know some have used these places to buy and sell and that is DOES work. It just feels less social than here, and more about the material gain.

I think that some new folks that sell here are coming from these looser environments and don't know the longstanding etiquette that has been established. For example, leaving meat on the bone isn't something I've seen in the other groups.

My 2c

Dan

Ok, I checked with Arch and the board does not currently have the functionality to allow limiting users' posting privileges based on how long they've been signed up. They are considering such enhancements in the future, but there is nothing confirmed as an action item at the moment. :(

I will say my experiences here have been leaps and bounds above any other online forum/selling group. The community here looks after their own like no other and most trolls are usually outed with extreme prejudice. On the other hand sometimes I think long time board members are a little hard on noobies when it comes to them stating their opinions. Also when deals are to be had it's like blood is in the water and friendships are on the line over a $100 book. If someone beats me to a sale then congrats on having faster internet. I'm not going to be bitter and call the seller out in front of the whole community because I missed out. Just some observations but overall I heart you guys and gals! :cloud9:

That Daredevil 1 thing was really whacked. It really is a pool of sharks out there.

Which was the Daredevil 1 thing?

I missed that and cannot find it.

That Daredevi

l 1 thing was really whacked. It really is a pool of sharks out there.

Buyer said he would take it. The seller hadn't heard from him in a couple hours and said something about it. Several posters then jumped in saying they would take it etc... Just a mess that could have been avoided.

That Daredevi

l 1 thing was really whacked. It really is a pool of sharks out there.

Buyer said he would take it. The seller hadn't heard from him in a couple hours and said something about it. Several posters then jumped in saying they would take it etc... Just a mess that could have been avoided.

:facepalm:

rantrant

Is it just my imagination of are there more new sellers (and some buyers) that are borderline obnoxious?

I mean the CGC boards graciously allows us to post here to sell and trade for FREE!

Also why are there seemingly less new sellers that read the rules???

Should it be mandated that the proposed seller send a PM to the architect prior to selling

to assure that the rules were at least read once over?

Anyway, this is a Call to Order folks - we are better than this as a community, there a lot of big hearts that are very charitable and make this a strong community - I say what I say to keep it strong and protect the privilege of CGC allowing us to conduct commerce here.

/ rantrant

I think that all first time sellers on this board should be required to send a PM to the architect before they list any books for sale.

Not only that but I think the board members needs to do policing of its own, before the selling forum denigrates into more of the den of inequity than it already exists as.

I have not personally had any unpleasant deals via this forum but I've seen a thread or two were buyers paid for books, and did not receive the goods. Case in point being this thread...where the seller clear fell off the board, didn't answer PM's...but returned once to get a free ticket to a comic con.....strangely enough, the boardies who gave this guy their money have not filed for Paypal chargebacks???

How does that happen???

If someone tried to take my money without making good on their end of a deal, I would not just let it slide.....

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=8740297&Searchpage=1&Main=378046&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post8740297