• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

De-slabbed CGC Label Collector

70 posts in this topic

As an aside I'm looking at starting a pedigreed label collection too. I already have a Church/Mile High one - signed by Chuck!!!! Adding enormously to its value, I'm keeping it in a cedar box for a while to replicate the famous Church odor.

But was the signature witnessed? Otherwise you've just degraded the condition of the label.

Well as I'm now officially barred from entering anything into the SS then it's a moot point as I couldn't get it graded anyway.

Hmmmm maybe I could get another company to grade CGC labels!

CGCLGC?

As an aside I'm looking at starting a pedigreed label collection too. I already have a Church/Mile High one - signed by Chuck!!!! Adding enormously to its value, I'm keeping it in a cedar box for a while to replicate the famous Church odor.

But was the signature witnessed? Otherwise you've just degraded the condition of the label.

Well as I'm now officially barred from entering anything into the SS then it's a moot point as I couldn't get it graded anyway.

Hmmmm maybe I could get another company to grade CGC labels!

CGCLGC?

Gesundheit.

This thread is 74% less entertaining than a meltdown thread. Can we get someone here to be a little more insulting?

This thread was funny for a little while. So many people taking it seriously. lol

Why are you barred from getting things SS?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8700834#Post8700834

This thread is 74% less entertaining than a meltdown thread. Can we get someone here to be a little more insulting?

This thread was funny for a little while. So many people taking it seriously. lol

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8700834#Post8700834

Well that link left me speechless.

Now why is this thread actually still a thread?

Well that link left me speechless.

Now why is this thread actually still a thread?

Hang on, which thread? This thread? Or that thread? That thread got locked so it's dead. It's a dropped dead thread.

One of my other collecting threads got booted as well too, it was about Mega City One's premier lawman, it ended up being a dropped dead Dredd thread.

I didn't even bother reading this whole thread but I would hope nobody sends him any labels. Too much potential for shenanigans.

Oh man , I can't believe I missed this!!!!

This is pure gold!!!!

"I didn't bother reading the whole thread but I thought I'd pass judgement on it anyway!"

I'm not saying they're useless to me! I collect them..

But they are not useless to anyone, as they provide a basis for the original grade and can increase resale prices if you are a reputable collector. Plus, they look cool on the back of a comic board.

No one in their right mind is just going to give them away.

I'm not saying they're useless to me! I collect them..

But they are not useless to anyone, as they provide a basis for the original grade and can increase resale prices if you are a reputable collector. Plus, they look cool on the back of a comic board.

No one in their right mind is just going to give them away.

I'm happy to trade comics of comparable value for them.