• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's my Half Price Books haul

24 posts in this topic

For less than a buck on all but one of them? I don't think you could truly say "overpaid" as much as "same result as any quarter bin at any show everywhere".

I'm down for some cheapie bins when I'm in a funk. What stood out for me was the random selection of issues. A quarter apiece is worth it for most, but if the OP is looking for a return on these, then yes, he overpaid.

jeez, you two are a bunch of Debbie Downers, and some of those are better than quarter bin books! (and when was the last time I even saw a quarter bin??)

I don't think I'm gonna flip them but who knows maybe cable 1 will rise in value. I'm just trying to keep my mind off things hence why I went to half price books. I just feel so empty and down. I can't even concentrate. My first day back and I had 5 mistakes. My mind just can't stop thinking about my sister and niece. I don't even know if I should of went back to work yet as I keep breaking down in my car. But unfortunately I have bills and already lost 2 weeks of wages

Stopped into HPB after work today- usually go in there once a week or so. I saw they had gotten some new books in...

New 52 Batman 1 for $10!

I went and grabbed an associate to open the special locked book case so I could claim my prize. Picked it out of the box, noticed 2 small spine ticks, and then noticed the price tag had an extra '0' on the end that was partially smudged off.

$100 for that? No thanks... Was bummed.