• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disapointment - Modern Artist is now only digital

24 posts in this topic

It's more and more common - Fiona Staples is all digital and she'd make a fair amount selling Saga pages. I know I'd love to own the page of Lying Cat in space (readers know what I'm talking about), but ...

That issue had another incredible page, as well. . . and I almost quit reading the book after that page you're referencing. Ha ha!

I know I was disappointed to learn that RAY CEASER was completely digital. (Not that I'd be able to afford an original if he produced them, but an OA collector can dream)

At least CAM DE LEON occasionally does traditional work, and is affordable considering he's done some work with some band called TOOL. Still looking for the right piece.

On the comics side, SOPHIE CAMPBELL is going more and more digital with each new issue. Her TMNT run started with traditional pencil/inks. Her run on GLORY was 1/2&1/2. By the time she got to her Alopex one-shot it was just pencils. And all of her work on JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS is just pencils. I'm glad I was able to get some of the traditional pages when I did. They are getting harder and harder to get by the month.

It's more and more common - Fiona Staples is all digital and she'd make a fair amount selling Saga pages. I know I'd love to own the page of Lying Cat in space (readers know what I'm talking about), but ...

That issue had another incredible page, as well. . . and I almost quit reading the book after that page you're referencing. Ha ha!

Amen!