• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper...closest we'll get to a real life super hero

51 posts in this topic

Life's not fair.

Piper gets taken to the pearly gates and we are left with Hogan. :P

Who says Hogan gets to the Pearly gates

Hogan does in my book.

What Hogan said was in private to the confidentiality of a friend. Hogan was illegally video taped and this taped was ordered sealed by the courts. Lets take a look at that period in his life. His wife cheated on him, his son went to jail for killing somebody, Brooke is forcing him to spend thousands so she can have a music career, and his show got canceled in the end all of this caused him to go into depression in which he nearly took his own life. That was a low point of in his life to where he could careless about anything and what people say and do during depression can be harsh and drastic. Hogan has moved past that point in life and I forgave him with his apology considering the circumstances and how the WWE built this egos and persona.

Last I checked it was Piper who hit an islander with a coconut racist action with a deliberate attempt to cause damage and harm, it was a Minnesota governor who called Tito Santana the flying burrito racial stereotype, and the WWE who had people still to this day dress up and act racial.

As far as Piper is concerned over the top wrestler who was all around better than Hogan in every category which includes acting, wrestling skills, and etc except for one Hogan seem to have the effect of no matter who he wrestled to bring out the best of each wrestler and elevated them to another level.

Where Piper does get credit though is being the original bad boy stereotype that became popular for other wrestlers to follow in his footsteps like a Steve Austin

Life's not fair.

Piper gets taken to the pearly gates and we are left with Hogan. :P

Who says Hogan gets to the Pearly gates

Hogan does in my book.

What Hogan said was in private to the confidentiality of a friend. Hogan was illegally video taped and this taped was ordered sealed by the courts. Lets take a look at that period in his life. His wife cheated on him, his son went to jail for killing somebody, Brooke is forcing him to spend thousands so she can have a music career, and his show got canceled in the end all of this caused him to go into depression in which he nearly took his own life. That was a low point of in his life to where he could careless about anything and what people say and do during depression can be harsh and drastic. Hogan has moved past that point in life and I forgave him with his apology considering the circumstances and how the WWE built this egos and persona.

Yes, everyone becomes a racist when they go through hard times.

Last I checked it was Piper who hit an islander with a coconut racist action with a deliberate attempt to cause damage and harm, it was a Minnesota governor who called Tito Santana the flying burrito racial stereotype, and the WWE who had people still to this day dress up and act racial.

I hate to break this to you, but this stuff was scripted, and not by them.

Last I checked it was Piper who hit an islander with a coconut racist action with a deliberate attempt to cause damage and harm,

lol

piperheadshot.gif

That was a scripted moment, everyone was in on it. Same with the Booker T thing with Vince McMahon.

Yeah that was the Super Fly Jimmy Snuka.

Classic WWF moment.

I love that Jimmy keeps on pushing the set background because it wouldn't fall down lol

Last I checked it was Piper who hit an islander with a coconut racist action with a deliberate attempt to cause damage and harm,

lol

piperheadshot.gif

That was a scripted moment, everyone was in on it. Same with the Booker T thing with Vince McMahon.

Of course it is, but the company promotes it and creates these persona that you have to question the WWE in firing Hogan when the more politically correct thing to do is say we won't tolerate this any longer in any form suspend Hogan with pay, make him take a class, and upon completion reinstate him. The WWE is equally as much to blame as Hogan.

Yeah that was the Super Fly Jimmy Snuka.

Classic WWF moment.

I love that Jimmy keeps on pushing the set background because it wouldn't fall down lol

Any wrestler with a career longer then 5 minutes knows how to up sell a bit.