• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is photoshopping a slab scan ever OK?

134 posts in this topic

Nobody seems to think it is a big deal until, of course, it becomes a big deal. Just wait till some shady seller starts photoshopping labels and people fall victim to a scam. Then maybe more people would frown upon the idea of doing it, even if the intent was harmless.

I am a tad worried about the guy who collects CGC labels,then asks if anyone has any cracked out slab cases for sale. What the hell is he up to?

You mean some theoretical guy who would do this?

You don't mean the obvious joke/troll thread that koollectablz started in CG that was spun off of another thread, do you?

Was that a joke? I feel stupid now. doh!

For me, it boils down to intent. How and for what purpose did he plan to use that photoshopped image. Did he intend to defraud/scam/cheat anyone out of money. Were there even any financial repercussions to anyone.

If you ask me, that joke about having pulled the WD skybound 5th Ann book had the potential to harm more people financially. The buyers that on that comment would have stopped buying boxes and the sellers who would have lost sales and subsequently would have had to reduce prices. That joke should have been scrutinized more than this.

There is an opening? Which one quit?

Your comment was unexpected. I expected the comment but from someone else. I assume since you made the comment that there must be a reason other then simply wanting the topic in CG.

the truthful answer is I'm tired... Seeing a new thread created to give opposing parties a chance to insult each other more just doesn't seem like a thread that belongs in modern...it's a train wreck and it was made to be so.it seems to be more of a collecting behavior and not about modern comic books.and you are correct I am NOT a mod.and if I'm wrong about this thread I will apologize later.it does get old sometimes and tonight I feel that way..I'm usually not even bothered by this stuff (shrug)

I created a thread to ask opinions on a question, and specifically tried to separate the discussion from the issue in the heating up thread. I can't control that it did not go that way. I certainly did not want it to go the way it did....we really don't have any serious opinions on the question I posed, except from divad.

At worst I did everyone a favor by getting it out of the heating-up thread.

Yeah,I was tired and overreacted :foryou:

There is an opening? Which one quit?

Your comment was unexpected. I expected the comment but from someone else. I assume since you made the comment that there must be a reason other then simply wanting the topic in CG.

the truthful answer is I'm tired... Seeing a new thread created to give opposing parties a chance to insult each other more just doesn't seem like a thread that belongs in modern...it's a train wreck and it was made to be so.it seems to be more of a collecting behavior and not about modern comic books.and you are correct I am NOT a mod.and if I'm wrong about this thread I will apologize later.it does get old sometimes and tonight I feel that way..I'm usually not even bothered by this stuff (shrug)

I created a thread to ask opinions on a question, and specifically tried to separate the discussion from the issue in the heating up thread. I can't control that it did not go that way. I certainly did not want it to go the way it did....we really don't have any serious opinions on the question I posed, except from divad.

At worst I did everyone a favor by getting it out of the heating-up thread.

Did you skip to the end??

For me, it boils down to intent. How and for what purpose did he plan to use that photoshopped image. Did he intend to defraud/scam/cheat anyone out of money. Were there even any financial repercussions to anyone.

Yep, and just how do you determine "intent". hm

Nobody seems to think it is a big deal until, of course, it becomes a big deal. Just wait till some shady seller starts photoshopping labels and people fall victim to a scam. Then maybe more people would frown upon the idea of doing it, even if the intent was harmless.

I am a tad worried about the guy who collects CGC labels,then asks if anyone has any cracked out slab cases for sale. What the hell is he up to?

You don't mean the obvious joke/troll thread that koollectablz started in CG that was spun off of another thread, do you?

You shouldn't, one theater shooting eventually leads to another. Over the top, I know, but once the idea is presented, copycats abound. It's inevitable.

You shouldn't, one theater shooting eventually leads to another. Over the top, I know, but once the idea is presented, copycats abound. It's inevitable.

I thought it was real, Oakman. I offered to sell my drawer full of labels. (shrug)

It wouldn't surprise me if labels do start being collected.

So if we agree it comes down to intent then why are we assuming guilt? The whole innocent until proven.......

So if we agree it comes down to intent then why are we assuming guilt? The whole innocent until proven.......

A couple "vouchers" chime in , a halo suddenly appears above the head of the accused, and sainthood is proclaimed.

A couple "vouchers" chime in , a halo suddenly appears above the head of the accused, and sainthood is proclaimed.

A couple of "vultures" chime in, pitch forks suddenly appear around the accused, and guilt is proclaimed.

I appreciate "vouching". There are so many shysters, scammers and plain and simple losers migrating to this place on a daily basis that I can't keep up. When someone I know, like and trust "vouches" for someone they know, like and trust, I appreciate it.

You've been jumping up and down crying about "vouching", but isn't that the most important thing here: reputation? And unless you've done business with or personally know every single member here, the only way you'll know a person's good repuation is....wait for it.... :idea: .... VOUCHING! :whee::banana:

No research is done or questions asked before assuming guilt. Guilty until proven innocent nowadays, right? That's how mob justice works.

Who's we? No one assumed "guilt" of any kind. I must have missed that post. It's a discussion.