• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading cost for grading comics

5 posts in this topic

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/Services.aspx

submitting through one of the dealers - may get you an additional 10% (or you can get your own membership).

You get your comics back. That is part of the guarantee. Using CGC is

Note that many, many , many books - are not worth certifying/slabbing. A good way to alleviate any concerns - would be to go to a con that CGC is attending. You can talk to the staff directly - and submit for grading on site.

i am on fixed income and i have over 50 comics. how much is it to grade them? how do i know if i get m,y comics back my original comics? i heard you get copy of comics back.

You get your own comics back. Whoever said you get a copy of your comic back has too much time on their hands.

What comics do you have? From what years? Most comics (seriously, 99.99% of all comics ever printed) aren't worth getting graded

Very first post here...rob react is correct amazing how many comics just are not worth the value to have them graded. " average price " is around $45 each the price varies on Golden Age...Silver Age etc...sure some submissions may be eligible for discount if sent in in quantities. Part of the problem even on a fixed budget what is your goal. If its to resell you most likely will lose money. If you enjoy the comic and want to protect it creating some sort of collection then the choice may be wort the expense to you...but maybe not to others. Prices are inflated so bottom line is what one is willing to pay...this is much more true than most truly understand.

Very first post here...rob react is correct amazing how many comics just are not worth the value to have them graded. " average price " is around $45 each the price varies on Golden Age...Silver Age etc...sure some submissions may be eligible for discount if sent in in quantities. Part of the problem even on a fixed budget what is your goal. If its to resell you most likely will lose money. If you enjoy the comic and want to protect it creating some sort of collection then the choice may be wort the expense to you...but maybe not to others. Prices are inflated so bottom line is what one is willing to pay...this is much more true than most truly understand.

Agreed. I myself have well over a thousand comics and I only have about 33 graded that is in hand or currently in the process. The ones I get graded are either for my collection or for selling to others. Some Gold and silver age comics no matter the condition will fetch a fair price that covers all grading and purchase.

Go through and look at what you have and find a web site that tells you what to look for on figuring out a rough grade. Key thing to note always star from the top down while grading. It makes it easier to get an idea of what you have. A good place I have found is mycomicshop.com they give a good explanation on what to look for.