• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MH Emergency Sale

1 post in this topic

FYI - and what a great guy that Chuck is, helping out his fellow dealer:

"Howdy!

I apologize for sending you another newsletter this week, but circumstances sometimes conspire to completely change the direction in which we're heading. In this particular instance, I was minding my own business, working diligently at my farm and in my office, preparing to spend the next five days eagerly buying back issue comics at Mega-Con, in Orlando, Florida. Then, as so often happens, my phone rang. On the line was a comics dealer friend of mine from a distant state. He told me a sad tale of needing an immediate $30,000 in order to follow through on plans he had made to move one of his stores into a new, much larger location. He had already signed a lease on this new location when the financing that was intended to pay for the move from his old location fell through on him without warning. Given his now desperate situation, he offered over the phone to sell me the very best 100,000 back issue comics that he owned, including a large number of old Silver Age comics, if I! could provide him with $30,000 over the next five weeks.

Under normal circumstances, I would have passed on this deal, no matter how great the opportunity. This is, after all, the shortest month of the year, with property taxes due on our warehouse at the end of the month. Frankly, our buying budget for Orlando was already using up all of our extra cash for this month. To add yet another $30,000 into our short-term obligations seemed pretty darn unwise to my conservative nature. Nevertheless, two factors have me leaning toward going ahead and committing to buy this deal. First, I really like the dealer who is in this financial jam and would very much like to help him out in his time of need. Second, I already purchased most of his back issues last year, and I have a pretty good idea of what back issue comics that he kept back from that original deal for his own stores. If he's now willing to sell me the books he held back before, I know darn well that he will be providing us with far more than sufficient value in great old comics ! to justify the $30,000 for which he is asking.

All that having been said, the only way that I can make this deal work is to provide you with the same fantastic opportunity to purchase back issues at ridiculously low prices that this dealer is offering to us. This goes against everything I was originally planning, as providing you with a special codeword double-dip opportunity, on top of an already across-the-board 50% discount structure, is a very special limited promotion that I normally reserve only for the holiday season. One reason that I've been very successful during my 35 years as a comics dealer, however, is that I've never allowed myself to become too rigid, or completely locked into any one marketing plan. When circumstances change abruptly, I find a way to adapt quickly into whatever new reality is presented to me. In this instance, since I'm being presented with the opportunity to purchase some fantastic back issue comics at rock bottom prices, I'm going to pass those same savings on to you. Effective immedia! tely, you can utilize the codeword TREASURE to knock another 20% off of all the comics listed on our website, including all Golden Age, Silver Age Bronze Age, and CGC-graded comics (Dallas Stephens books and new issues do not qualify for the discount). Since those books were already all listed at prices ranging from 50%-80% off, your net discount on any back issue comic or magazine you purchase from us during the TREASURE sale will now be a minimum of 60% off (!), with many issues discounted well above that range. Free shipping is also still in effect for all domestic back issue orders over $40, and all International back issue orders over $100 (no express carriers). This incredible sale will only be in effect until Wednesday, March 2nd, at noon, so please hurry to take advantage of this unique opportunity before the deadline passes.

Thank you, once again, for putting up with this extra newsletter during this week. Were it not for the fact that I have this unique opportunity to create a win-win situation for both the seller, and for all of you, by putting together this special one-week promotion, I wouldn't have bothered you. But given that through a single e-mail that I could both get my friend out of a real jam, while also providing you with a chance to pick up some back issues at ridiculously low prices, it seemed like a good thing to do for everyone involved. Please have a good time shopping!

Happy collecting!

Chuck Rozanski,

President - Mile High Comics, Inc."