• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More stolen books to report...

23 posts in this topic

They way George told it was that he really had no idea of their source. He had done some wholesale buying, and couldn't place where they had come from. He had convinced himeself he got them in a deal and just forgot. I got the impression he had no idea they weren't his until he saw me at the Chicago show.

I have no other choice but to buy it. I'm happy to buy it, actually. If you know this guy, he is a wheeler-dealer of the highest order. Or is that lowest order? :-)

They way George told it was that he really had no idea of their source. He had done some wholesale buying, and couldn't place where they had come from. He had convinced himeself he got them in a deal and just forgot. I got the impression he had no idea they weren't his until he saw me at the Chicago show.

I have no other choice but to buy it. I'm happy to buy it, actually. If you know this guy, he is a wheeler-dealer of the highest order. Or is that lowest order? :-)

Put some spider tracers in your boxes next time. smile.gif

I know the dealer, and believe me, I can understand his side of the story - he buys tons of books at shows and things move in and out of his area all day long.