• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devil Dinosaur returns in a monthly series!!!

21 posts in this topic

Marvel already had one exceptional "girl and her dinosaur" story and that was Gertie & Old Lace in Runaways! I want Gertie & Old Lace back. This is just a pale imitation.

Also, Star Lord needs to have his velociraptors in space.

I don't care if that wasn't a Marvel movie & it's not canon. I want Star Lord to have pet space velociraptors.

That's one way to get people to buy a reboot of one of the worst books of the 70's, more BS "diversity"

so anyone who has an idea that includes a character with minority status MUST be doing it for some political agenda?

ps, how long have you been able to read minds?

I'm looking forward to this one for my daughter, yet I'll read it as well. I appreciated DD when I was younger and like the teaser art on this one. I figure they want to keep all things Runaways kept under the Runaways name for a bit because I can easily see some form of studio production of Runaways either with a show, cartoon, or movie. Thought I read they had hoped for that anyway somewhere.

And if Marvel really wants to give me a Devil Dinosaur series, can it please be the version from Nextwave where he's wearing a smoking jacket & always carrying a snifter of brandy? That was the best Devil Dinosaur.

That's one way to get people to buy a reboot of one of the worst books of the 70's, more BS "diversity"

so anyone who has an idea that includes a character with minority status MUST be doing it for some political agenda?

When one the reboot's 2 main characters is now a different race and gender than the original, yes. You don't have to read minds to see that

Having said that, it can't be anywhere near as horrible as the original series, can it?

Only when the idea is not unique and simply a race/gender change

Bazinga.

Really, must all of Marvel's characters be female?

Bazinga.

Really, must all of Marvel's characters be female?

They won't stop until their line of books looks more like Zenoscope's line. :)

Aside from this, diversity is not a quality in itself.

Devil Dinosaur and Howard the Duck belonged to their time: Howard is a great character but he WAS Steve Gerber, without Steve you can have it as a host, but a new series leave me very perplexed.

Oh well, they managed to banalize Northstar, which speaks volumes about political correctness… :(