• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your favorite place to read comic books? And why?

28 posts in this topic

My favorite is reading under my Christmas tree from Dec 1st to the 31st.....that is the best. Reminds me of when I was a young kid while the parties where going on I would just lay there about a hour before bed time and just enjoy my favorite Super Heroes.

What I really love as well is when my pet just sits under the tree and relaxes beside me.

My 2nd favorite is when there is a big storm outside with thunder + lighting that is great!!

Seasonally, I'd go on a lounge chair in my back yard. Something special about reading a good book with fresh air and sunshine all around you. As I do live in Winnipeg, naturally this is something I would look forward to in winter.

Mainly I read in bed propped up with a pillow behind my head before nodding off.

If the books are expensive I will sit up at my desk and read them so as to lay the book flat and not damage it.

When I was a kid I would read just about anywhere: At the dinner table, in class at my desk,the school bus or on the floor in front of one the giant sliding glass windows in my parents house.

I have never been one for reading on the couch though.

Remodeled the basement years ago, the front half is now a library/den/bar, complete with a good stereo, DVD, and satellite TV,

Put a few discs on the CD player, kick back in the recliner with an Adult Beverage close at hand, work my way through a few years of continuity on one of my favorites, or grab a newly acquired TPB or stack of comics, or pull something off the hardcover shelves and enjoy a good novel or history book.

That's living well.

Of course I also read on the john, at the bar, sitting at the kitchen table, relaxing on the porch, out back on the deck, in the garage (Man Cave 2, complete with good stereo, DVD, satellite TV, a couple recliners and a wood stove for those wintery days) in the Good Living Room Recliner, or anywhere else that strikes my mood.

My wife and I are readers, lol

I like reading them at the strip club. I find it very relaxing watching batman kick while a lovely yong lady bumps and grinds her way through college on my lap.

It's my way of giving back to the community whist enjoying two things I love. Comics, and lax morals. (thumbs u