• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Con - September 13th 2015

14 posts in this topic

The list of Victoria and Vancouver, BC vendors NOT there will be as long as those vendors that show up so less competition for Flatliner if you are selling there. All at Calgary Red and White show for the weekend: Jigglypig Chad, Nels' Anthill Books and Comics, Nick, Branko. aardvark88 on vacation. The Brothers banned from selling at Heritage Hall due to conflict of interest with the promoter. (shrug)

fyi, just got back from Chicago Wizard con with over 40 pounds of decent back issues. Top 3 SA/BA nm (thumbs u comics already went to Cgc.

The list of Victoria and Vancouver, BC vendors NOT there will be as long as those vendors that show up so less competition for Flatliner if you are selling there. All at Calgary Red and White show for the weekend: Jigglypig Chad, Nels' Anthill Books and Comics, Nick, Branko. aardvark88 on vacation. The Brothers banned from selling at Heritage Hall due to conflict of interest with the promoter. (shrug)

fyi, just got back from Chicago Wizard con with over 40 pounds of decent back issues. Top 3 SA/BA nm (thumbs u comics already went to Cgc.

Maybe go as a buyer, not to sell our books since we are busy getting ready for October. Wait and see... :wishluck:

fyi, the PNE running to Labor Day has a free admission Hall of Super-heroes exhibit which was better than I expected. Large props of Hulk, Transformers, Superman's cape, Wonder Woman's cape, 1966 2/3 size Batmobile, Alex Ross posters and other Star Wars, Raiders of Lost Ark displays better than Vancouver Fan expo. (thumbs u Best $2 back issue they had on sale was 20c cover priced Kazar comic.

Also well worth paying extra $3 for the Beatle's exhibit as it has rare b/w photos, props, signed items, Beatle's memorabilia, 4 scarce psychedelic Richard Avedon litho :luhv: prints, and the Jimmy Pattison owned psychedelic :applause: Rolls Royce from Yellow Submarine (?) movie. Car was previously displayed at Ripley's Believe it or Not museums across Canada.

Pacific National Exhibition's original Beatle's Rolls Royce from the Magical Mystery Tour hall:

3z203ad.jpg

$3 extra admission and worth it.

Ah, that fancy colorful Rolls Royce! Bring back good memory years and years ago when my dad took me to PNE when it hosted a custom car show. That RR car was there. I got to sit in driver seat after dad chatted with the owner. I was a kid at that time.

Same with the BatmobiIe as well... that is another story.

I should go there on long weekend.

fyi, a long time Heritage Hall GA/SA/BA back issue vendor will be expanding to 2 tables for the Oct. 25/15 Vancouver Comic Show at Croatian Cultural Center that has now sold out of 100 :foryou: vendors tables. Please get on the waiting list online, :wishluck: if a vendor cancels.