• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM CM17 2nd Print

10 posts in this topic

I think/hope I got this for a good price, but it depends on the grade. It's definitely not NM.

Bottom corners wear, a couple spine dimples, staples look slightly discolored in the scan but not in-hand, inside has no problems.

I'd appreciate as much feedback as possible because I might to want to sell as raw but I want to get it right.

Let me know what you think and whether I'm way off base here. Thanks

Scan0008_zpspnmho8ph.jpg

Scan0009_zpsmfyq7jtx.jpg

I think it's VF-

There's a few ncb spine creases that are visible on the scan, but no brc creases.

The NCB tics on the spine are pretty minute.Unless they are transverse color breakers, 4 or so NCB spine tics will not keep you out of a 9.8.

The biggest problem with the book is the 2 CB creases at the BRFC, along with the corner blunting at the BRFC.But the 2 creases (?) are the big deal breakers.

It is really difficult to see just how severely they break color i.e. were they both creased and folder backward at some point....or are they 2 color breaking abrasions only, which were both lightly bent backwards and the paper was not creased?

You show take pic of the inside of the front cover, if you really want to get some well founded input on assigning a grade to this book.

As it stands, the book likes like it is around 8.0.

I'll add that if you know how to (thoroughly) dry clean a book, the dirt accumulation along the length of the 2 CB's can be cleaned up to a good degree, without loss to the blue cover inks around the creases.

It can't be done away with completely, but it can be partially removed; mitigated to the point where it is not such an eye sore.

Thanks for the input.

Here's a few more pics - I tried to get the "worst" possible angle to highlight any defects especially the spine creases. I know the corner wear is there and those will ding the grade probably below 9.0

But I don't see any creases in the bottom right front corner though. It does have two blue streaks but I can't see any page crease or fold even in sharp-angles to the light. Could that be an ink/print defect? If so, how does that affect grade?

20150830_162452_zpscmts5r4t.jpg

20150830_162507_zpso0b9yt52.jpg

20150830_162548_zpskxoocfyz.jpg

20150830_162604_zpso64xzsdz.jpg

Re: The blue streaks. These were the ones I was thinking about when I asked if there were creasing. Since it’s obvious there is no creasing, and no color break, it is probably just a printing defect (or maybe all the copies are like yours).

Given the wear on the brc I would definitely say a VF and not above, but who knows?

As far as the "dirtiness" goes, are we talking about the fc or the bc?

If we were talking about the bc, I can tell you most Marvel books from these months have this back cover ad which makes them look damaged while there is no wear.

I have recently acquired some Thunderbolts and Inhuman books and some of them have this back cover, but they are NM. Hope this helps… :)